SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Members who live in Illinois
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Members who live in Illinois Login/Join 
Leftists, what more
needs to be said?
posted
I understand not everyone is comfortable stating where they live and that’s fine. I’m just curious how many of us live in Illinois?

Speak up if you’re comfortable with it.
 
Posts: 2855 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I lived in the Chicago area, both city and suburbs, 1968 -> 1984.



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
 
Posts: 33807 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Still stuck here, unfortunately.


--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
 
Posts: 10115 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
South side!!!!

2 1/2 - 3 more years, and I’ll be FREE!!!!


______________________________________________________________________
"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
 
Posts: 9804 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Chicago born, now St. Louis Metro East, hopelessly stuck here, trying to convince myself Chicago and Illinois come with their own special cachet.




Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
 
Posts: 9253 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leftists, what more
needs to be said?
posted Hide Post
Which suburb V-Tail?
 
Posts: 2855 | Location: Illinois  | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Central IL and did a stint in Chicago and the Metro East St. Louis.
Last left in 2005. Never is a long time, but I'll NEVER return.
When I left there in 2005 the property taxes were 3 times higher than my place in IN that was valued 3 times more than the IL home. That's just how messed up it is. From speaking with friends and relatives still there it has only gotten worse.
It's a shame as Central and Southern IL is actually pretty cool.
 
Posts: 2458 | Location: Just outside of Zion and Bryce Canyon NP's | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I've never lived in Illinois.

I have taken the Illinois bar exam and I used to travel frequently to Chicago for business in the early 1990's. It was still a pretty cool place then.

My wife works as a physician liaison for a major hospital in St. Louis, but travels frequently all over the southern half of the State of Illinois. Illinois is a beautiful place, with wonderful people and great farmland.

Much like California, it's only spoiled by the Democrats in the big urban areas. Unfortunately, they control policy statewide.



"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
 
Posts: 27378 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not quite right
Picture of P220forever
posted Hide Post
Lived in Addison and Medinah in the 60's. Dad captained for TWA out of O'Hare until he transferred to SFO at the end of '68.
 
Posts: 10188 | Location: Henderson (Vegas), Nevada | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400m:
Which suburb V-Tail?
Oak Brook around 1969, and Woodridge 1975-1985



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
 
Posts: 33807 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Naperville North graduate here. Lived there from 72-86. From what I can tell, that was the best time to live there. Glad I escaped.




We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.
 
Posts: 5945 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Yes, we live in the northwest suburbs. Yesterday my doorbell rang, which annoys me as I have a no soliciting sign up, and when I answered it was my democrat state representative and a staffer of hers trying to hand me her propaganda pamphlet to get my vote. I was shocked and I just said no and closed the door. She was the one that introduced the Illinois AWB, probably Bloomberg money funding her, that passed in record time. Part of me wanted to engage in a debate with her but I just felt like it would be a total waste of my time.

Other than the winter weather we love our area and neighborhood but hate Illinois politics and the HIGH HIGH property taxes which will probably force us out of Illinois after my wife retires in a few years.
 
Posts: 10190 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
DeKalb County

Can't wait to get out and plan to retire in Door County, WI


*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final
 
Posts: 1264 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I was born and grew up in the south suburbs (Dolton).

I lived in DeKalb for a few years when I went to school. I met my wife who is from the northwest suburbs and, after graduating, moved to the northwest suburbs.

I've wanted to get out of Illinois for 20 years but the wife won't leave so long as our kids and grandkids are here.

But, one kid moved to Wisc. and another says he plans to do so next year. That might be enough for the wife and we can escape. (I know Wisc. is not much of an improvement, but I'll take what I can get.)


_____________________________________________________________________
“One of the common failings among honorable people is a failure to appreciate how thoroughly dishonorable some other people can be, and how dangerous it is to trust them.” – Thomas Sowell
 
Posts: 6763 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I live in Illinois about 20 miles south of St. Louis just over the border. I absolutely love everything about it other than politics/taxes which are admittedly huge.

The only benefit of the taxes are that the population density is way less. I used to live about 15 miles away into Missouri and everytime I go there I am shocked by how crowded everything is.
 
Posts: 4419 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Didn't live in Illinois, but lived and worked in NW Indiana and spent a LOT of time in Chicago. I had a lot of great times and gained a lot of friends, but things got sour and then soon I moved due to my job ending. Despite hating leftist politics, I look back fondly on a lot of my Chicago experience.




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
 
Posts: 42142 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
I was born in Illinois (Dixon), but we moved around my 5th birthday. I still have a ton of relatives in that area and I'll inherit farm land up there one day. I'll still visit Chicago every chance I get. Best food and best architecture in the country.


J


Rak Chazak Amats
 
Posts: 5385 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Been in the Chicago area for 75 years.
Grew Up in Park Ridge IL. lived in Wadsworth for a few years, but have mostly lived in Chicago. Both downtown and the Old Norwoood Park area on the far NW side of the city ( about 40 years).
Long past the time to get the hell out!
 
Posts: 5363 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trickedtrix:
DeKalb County

Can't wait to get out and plan to retire in Door County, WI


I'm in Malta. Where do you go shooting?


--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
 
Posts: 10115 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Moved to Springfield when I was 9. Lived in IL until 2007. Springfield to Bloomington to Hudson to Yorkville to Oswego. Then moved to Salem WI where the kids grew up. We moved to Senoia GA 4 years ago.

I miss a lot of things up in the Midwest. Food, people, Midwest things.

But y’all are crazy with the taxes. Even in my hometown, the sales tax is over 10%


I love it here in Georgia. Will retire here happily!
 
Posts: 1456 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Members who live in Illinois

© SIGforum 2026