Find
Notify
Tools

Labor Day Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
Happy Labor Day.

On this Labor Day, whether you choose to work or not, please do one thing.

Shut the fuck up and do your job.

Whether you're taking the day off, or working, or whatever the fuck, please be aware of the intent of those around you, and follow suit. Continue this into daily life, generally.

I've been working, a while. Enough to have been in and out of unions, witnessed and suffered workplace injuries, and I'm all about getting motherfucking paid.

Which is why, if you're not doing your motherfucking job, you best get the fuck out of the way.

Should we all be fairly compensated, and have safe working conditions, benefits, and more? Absolutely. Do me a solid tho, bra. DO YOUR JOB.

The REASON you are entitled to these things, is because you work hard. Not because you work.

There is a history to labor. Company store and more, old mills still litter the American landscape. Today though, the abuses are from unions as much as corporations.

I would have to say, that my enemy is someone who isn't self motivated. They harsh my mellow. Their attitude is also one that can cripple an economy.

Hey, even if you don't grasp what I'm getting at, have a happy Labor Day.

Just don't compete directly with my business, I will BURY you.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Happy Labor Day.

On this Labor Day, whether you choose to work or not, please do one thing.

Whether you're taking the day off, or working, or whatever the fuck, please be aware of the intent of those around you, and follow suit. Continue this into daily life, generally.

I've been working, a while. Enough to have been in and out of unions, witnessed and suffered workplace injuries, and I'm all about getting motherfucking paid.

Which is why, if you're not doing your motherfucking job, you best get the fuck out of the way.

Should we all be fairly compensated, and have safe working conditions, benefits, and more? Absolutely. Do me a solid tho, bra. DO YOUR JOB.

The REASON you are entitled to these things, is because you work hard. Not because you work.

There is a history to labor. Company store and more, old mills still litter the American landscape. Today though, the abuses are from unions as much as corporations.

I would have to say, that my enemy is someone who isn't self motivated. They harsh my mellow. Their attitude is also one that can cripple an economy.

Hey, even if you don't grasp what I'm getting at, have a happy Labor Day.

Just don't compete directly with my business, I will BURY you.

Sorry Arc but, I busted my butt for 50+ years and, now I'm retired! So, I sleep in (7:00) and work arond the cabin (or not) as I choose.

Happy Labor Day (I will not be doing anything constructive!)

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Happy Labor Day back at you Arc!

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toms:
I busted my butt for 50+ years and, now I'm retired! So, I sleep in (7:00) and work arond the cabin (or not) as I choose.

Happy Labor Day (I will not be doing anything constructive!)

Your job is to not do a job. Do your job!

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The Reverend John Hagee of San Antonio did a series of sermons on the Ten Commandments. IIRC a part of his 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' sermon was devoted to explaining that getting paid but not working is stealing.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Labor day means something, to people who are self motivated and work hard.

To all the entitled millennial shits, leftists, and anarcho-communists... Fuck you guys.

Arc.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

To all the entitled millennial shits, leftists, and anarcho-communists... Fuck you guys.

Amen!

Q

Posts: 26392 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm retired and still Labor Day is meaningful to me.

That being said: I still labored, a bit, a tiny little bit, today: The pop-up drain plug in the sink in one of the bathrooms needed attention, so I gave it attention.

Then I served myself some apple crisp whiskey as a reward Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
quote:

Amen to that brah’. (I will grind my axe else where on millennial ethics and etc.)

Today was a great day to work at not work.
Tomorrow, we work at work.

Arc, one day we will work together at the range.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I got to work today. I don't say I HAD to work, because I'm fortunate enough to have a job and don't mind doing it.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:

Why is communism superior? Because under capitalism man exploits man. But under communism it is the other way round!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:

Generally, mostly, usually, always. Preach it, brother!

Posts: 10753 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn straight Ark. I'm glad that I'm retired and my job today was to go to the store with my wife's grocery list so she could put together another fantastic meal like she always does. No more having to put up with the lazy millennials and entitled mamma's boys. Don't miss it a bit.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
This aggravates me to no end. I deal with laziness and incompetence on a daily basis and it simply boggles my mind.

I have always been the kind of fella who strived for excellence in what I did for a living. I always tried to learn more than what was needed and be very well skilled in the tasks that were my responsibility.

Daily, I see employees who are just the opposite. I call them "get byers". They do just enough to justify to management that they deserve a check and not one ounce more. Their only motivation is to be just good enough to keep from getting fired which is barely one step above being fucking horrible.

It seems that nobody gives a shit anymore. They just want their fucking paycheck. And the REALLY bad part about it is that their management is more incompetent than they are. The Peter Principle personified. When she's not busy sleeping with one of her employees, she's away at a conference somewhere. Lack of self-motivation and lack of leadership is the problem.

I've tried to help, tutor, mentor, etc.... To no avail. It is aggravating and depressing, to the point where I now simply do my job and go home.

Posts: 20106 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
...I call them "get byers". They do just enough to justify to management that they deserve a check and not one ounce more. Their only motivation is to be just good enough to keep from getting fired which is barely one step above being fucking horrible.
I've tried to help, tutor, mentor, etc.... To no avail. It is aggravating and depressing, to the point where I now simply do my job and go home.
So, you've joined the "get byers"? (Hopefully not)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
So, you've joined the "get byers"? (Hopefully not)

flashguy

If my profession and their profession were the same, perhaps you'd have a point. They're not, and you don't.

Posts: 20106 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I definitely enjoyed this 563-day weekend. Woo!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
So, you've joined the "get byers"?

HUGE difference in being a "get byer" and "just doing your job".

The first don't do their job, they do everything they can do not do it but just enough to not get fired.

Just doers to their job, period. They don't do extra usually (unless incentivized), but they do what they are supposed to do.

There is zero shame in doing your job, period.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post