SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Flying Monkeys!!! (or Jet powered wings "Jetman" take off from zero/ground level and transition to flight)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flying Monkeys!!! (or Jet powered wings "Jetman" take off from zero/ground level and transition to flight) Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted

https://www.esquireme.com/cont...w-dubai-jetman-stunt

OK. I want to be able to fly for more than 3 minutes, better than 3600 feet ASL and not have to use a parachute to get back to terra firma.

But, for the first time in my life, I will admit, I want a strap on!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
But, for the first time in my life, I will admit, I want a strap on!

Thank you for that mental image with my morning coffee.

I'm taking a iced tea pitcher full of O' Be Joyful and pulling the covers over my head.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31486 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Careful, you don't spill it and wet the bed...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Boring, we've had this tech since the 1930's.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20851 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
There is another vid where the pilot is flying between 2 ships and I believe his jet pack is different. That winged machine is so cool. Acceleration looked pretty darn good. Now if they can make it stay up for a few hours everyone would want one.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Shit, I wouldn't go on that ferris wheel, let alone that thing.

Posts: 21124 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
LQQK! Up in the sky...It's a bird...It's a plane...It's... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8970 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You know how you can sometimes tell just by the thread title who created the thread? No doubt in my mind who posted this.

Forget flying cars, that was awesome!

Posts: 11033 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Sadly, this tech will never be mass produced. Too many assholes would strap them on with a hundred pounds of explosives and fly them into buildings, idling planes, National monument, etc. Too many lunatics to spoil it for everyone. Same with flying cars.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15635 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Fun flick!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I'd want one with a pointy helmet, heads up display and radar for detecting hot babes... Big Grin.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

They'll have to suppress that jet engine in order to have the cool buzzing noise from the older systems though!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10214 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

They'll have to suppress that jet engine in order to have the cool buzzing noise from the older systems though!

Guy named Stumpy invented a propeller version, but it didn’t go over to well.

Posts: 3244 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
First two and a half minutes of this video is pretty meh. Saw that kinda stuff decades ago.

But when he goes horizontal and accelerates and climbs....that was impressive! I would like have seen him land sans parachute though.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2846 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I read where if you eat a plate of refried beans for your preflight meal you can extend the flight time to 5 minutes!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post