SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Solved: HVAC - Honeywell TH6210U2001 enable programing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Solved: HVAC - Honeywell TH6210U2001 enable programing Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
According to online literature this thermostat is programmable, but is set on simple mode.

Anyone know how to enable the advanced features?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15347 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not enabling mine. During recent high-usage period, Oncor in Texas was remotely turning the AC temperature up in houses that have certain electric plans who have smart thermostats. Nobody’s business but mine what I set my thermostat to, nor does anyone need to be able to remotely monitor the activity and usage in my home and know by that info whether I am home or not

Posts: 401 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Have Honeywell. I use their app to control it easily. Not sure about your particular unit. If WiFi connection the app works well.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It's not a wifi thermostat, from what I can find.
It is programmable for temp/time, but it is currently disabled.

Not sure how to enable the locked out features.

Posts: 15347 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

According to online literature this thermostat is programmable, but is set on simple mode.

Anyone know how to enable the advanced features?
Adjusting keypad lockout

1 Press Menu on the thermostat.

2 Press + or \- to go to LOCK. Press Select.

3 Press + or - to go to OFF, PART, or ON, and then press Select. OFF: Unlocked, and full access allowed. PART: Partial lockout, allowing only the temperature to be changed. ON: No access allowed.

4 To unlock the keypad, press the CENTER button and then enter the password “1234”. To enter the password, press + or - to change the first digit of the number. Then press Select. Repeat this process to enter the second through fourth digits of the number. Once all four numbers have been entered, press Select again.

5 This will unlock the keypad.
Captain Obvious says, "this won't work if the previous owner has changed the passcode."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... are you looking for the System modes:
‒ Auto ‒ Heat ‒ Cool ‒ Em Heat ‒ Off

?

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is probably configured as non programmable in the installer setup, not password locked. Go into setup and change the configuration. Google the installation manual for the stat and follow the instructions.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Stlhead has it.
Not accessible through the normal menus, not sure how to access the initial setup menu to get it out of 'simple' mode.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Found the install instructions, bit of a pain having to program each day individually, but got it going.

Now I don't have to worry about forgetting to bump the temp before I leave for work.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If you want to move up one step, here's a Honeywell replacement with WiFi.

This is the model that was included in the package when we replaced our old HVAC system four years ago. It is not a "smart" thermostat in the sense that Nest is, it does not "learn" anything nor sense your presence or absence, but it is programmable, up to four time periods on each of seven days, so you can have up to 56 pre-sets (28 for heat, 28 for cooling).

It has WiFi, so you can check the temperature and system status from your Apple or Android phone or tablet, or via any web browser and you can over-ride the current setting remotely, for example if you're coming home at a different time than expected and want the house to start cooling down (or warming up) at a time other than the programmed schedule.

I have found that this does everything that I need, and the cost is right. Price varies at Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Lowe's, direct from Honeywell, etc.

MSRP is $109, I found it for $59 here: https://georgiapowermarketplac...01-WHIT-XXXX-V1.html

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thanks VT, I got the programming done last night & will see how it performs.

We had Ecobee tstats at our old house & rarely checked/adjusted via the phone.

Main complaint on the Honeywell is having to set each day manually. The above Ecobee ts had a copy function for weekdays/weekends/all.
Having to set 4 program times, heat & cool, for 7 days, was tedious.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
With the Honeywell that I mentioned, you can set groups of days to be the same. Anywhere from one to seven days in a group, and anywhere from one to four time periods in a day.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I think mine can do some of that too, but the ISU (initial set up) isn't written in average consumer speak.
I set it on 7 day programming & just need to look into it more & see if there is a 1-program setting that will apply globally, since all 7 days are the same, in my case.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
One thing to keep in mind is that Honeywell recently apparently sold their thermostat line or rebranded to Resideo

I have a Wi-Fi Honeywell thermostat and was going crazy trying to find it on my phone recently and discovered they renamed the app to Resideo so my searching for "Honeywell" was coming up empty.

Posts: 33832 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post