SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    1990s and 2000s Rock
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1990s and 2000s Rock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
It's Friday night. Time to rock.

The Beastie Boys? Yes, it's rock and roll.

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Gee thanks Para. You have sent me on yet another 5 hour youtube music trail! See you all sometime tomorrow Big Grin

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sabotage is probably their best song, and the gratuitous use of it to kill aliens in Star Trek Beyond was a fitting tribute. I didn't really pay much attention to the Beastie Boys after License to Ill, which to me was more of a novelty album with cheesy songs and cheesier videos. But this one stood out.

Watch the 2 surviving members standup stage show if you get a chance. I got a new sense or respect for these guys and all they went through after watching it.

Foo Fighters sort of slipped under the radar until a while later. Dave's recent Dee Gee's bit is funny, and brings back a lot of memories of being a little kid during the disco era.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Sabotage has to be one of the best music videos ever produced.

The 90's were the pinnacle of just about everything.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30287 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^ yup

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11238 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell yes…to toss in the mix:

Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff

Weezer - Buddy Holly

Nirvana - pick one…

Eve 6 - Inside Out

Metallica - No Leaf Clover

Don’t break your neck head banging!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
This is the first Smashing Pumpkins that got me to realize they are better than what I might think.

Posts: 7317 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13157 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Love it!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7052 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Love it!

Yeah, it's hard to top Chris.
So I'm going a bit more old school.

I'm deleting this video as it's origin is pre 90's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dsiets,

Posts: 7317 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1538 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Gotta have some Alice In Chains as well?!?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6993 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gotta have some Alice In Chains as well?!?

From 2009's Black Gives Way to Blue:

Posts: 27814 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Those are some good songs.

I always liked the Santana Smooth song with Rob Thomas.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You forgot Social Distortion and Flogging Molly.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was visiting some friends in Chicago and saw the Pumpkins live at Metro in 93. Had no idea who they were. Singer - OK. Lyrics - pretty good. Drums and guitar work were incredible.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Possibly more funk than rock, but classic 90's:

Posts: 11349 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hello nostalgia. The 90’s and early 2000’s man....what a time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

It was the last time when any decent Rock (on average) was produced.
IMO R&R died in the mid 90's but alas I am an old school rocker from the seventies (with appreciation of some great eighties rock).

Posts: 22845 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

It was the last time when any decent Rock (on average) was produced.
IMO R&R died in the mid 90's but alas I am an old school rocker from the seventies (with appreciation of some great eighties rock).

Similar to how Nirvana and grunge kicked the shit out of 80’s glam metal, the early 2k’s brought us a more intense and brooding rock. The Black Keys were early 2000 and System of a Down really took off around 2001 with the Toxicity album. Five-Finger Death Punch didn’t hit the scene until the mid 2k’s.

There are probably more, but one thing I find really interesting is that songs that I listened to and love now I am off and shocked to see that they are from the late 90s or early 2000s.

I guess I’d have to do some googling, but I don’t know if there is anything current in regards to rock or metal that I knowingly listen to.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12301 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post