SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have familiarity w/powerstop calipers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have familiarity w/powerstop calipers? Login/Join 
Picture of Shaql
posted
I bought a new set of calipers for a 2007 jeep grand cherokee and after assembling everything, I cant get the OEM banjo bolts to fit in the new caliper. The calipers didnt come with new bolts. Am I missing something?

If I buy a smaller diameter bolt, will I have an issue with fluid leaking or do I need to buy a whole new fitting to go with the bolt??

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I would contact Powerstop before you try a different bolt. They are active on a few car forums and should have the answer or be able to help you out.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16406 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Bought several sets through TireRack back in the day, all were direct fit. I'd call them up, may have gotten something not perfect fitment.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12437 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
In my experience they are a solid company. Probably a simple mistake and assume they would make it right.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Ok, thx

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
They should have either included a new bolt of the correct size and thread, or made the hole the same as the original bolt. Even reman calipers from the parts chain stores typically give you a new bolt. Either way, they should make it right if they are worth their salt.

Posts: 27979 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Just to close the loop I called Powerstop today. Apparently I was supposed to order the calipers "With Logos". Roll Eyes Oh, the "with logo" calipers are $20/piece more expensive.

That mistake is going to cost me $100. I wish Rockauto would be a little bit more understanding but I get it... Frown

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am I missing something?

Unlikely but possible. Sometimes it can be a little difficult to start the bolt when the hose has to be put in a slight twist to put it up against the caliper while fluid is dripping on your fingers. Put the hose aside and try to run the bolt in. But if it just doesn't go (it's too big, from the sound of it), then the caliper threads are definitely wrong.

Posts: 27979 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That's the jib with online parts ordering, ya gotta be sure, I usually check Rock Auto, Amazon with the car model, year make in my Automobiles Garage, and a local store.

See if I come up with the same part as applicable for that model on all, then it seems ok. Did that for a brake job on a 99 Lexus RX300 this weekend.

Posts: 23532 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post