SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does a gadget like this exist?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does a gadget like this exist? Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Sitting in the shed while I'm moving the sprinkler around. Depending on where I place it I need to walk up to the house and adjust the water pressure about 75 feet away.

So while messing with the smartphone in the meantime, I was thinking how cool it would be if I could control the hose bib with the phone. Some sort of valve connected to the faucet that would respond to a signal from phone.

Ok it's probably just a fantasy but phones can control thermostats, refrigerators, etc or so I hear. Anyone think this is possible?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Here, let me help... <-----(click that thingy over there)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I don't see why not. Let me do a little rummaging around.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I see The Monkey beat me to it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Now, that's funny......I don't care who you are.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Wow had no idea. Downside is HD doesn't sell in the store, at least in this area. Big diff in priceat Ace & Target.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Wow had no idea. Downside is HD doesn't sell in the store, at least in this area. Big diff in priceat Ace & Target.

Cool, but that just turns the water on or off doesn't it? I thought you were looking for flow / volume control.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
You could just buy the sprinkler that moves itself.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some putz will hack your sprinkler now.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
PLCs have become very cheap, and I know there are PLC programmable water valves...

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your arduino as a controller. It's surprising how many of them I see controlling things on campus at work.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post