SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Optimize yer pancakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Optimize yer pancakes Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted

Posts: 109160 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Now I want Pancakes, possibly for dinner Big Grin
They do look good.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2639 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Buttermilk pancakes are awesome. When my son came back from Afghanistan, he said the first thing he wanted to eat was my buttermilk pancakes. This is a great video on how to make pancakes. I think I'll make some tonight. Thank you.

Posts: 5758 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maple sugar? Why am I hearing this for the first time?

P229

Posts: 3952 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Been making this guys recipe for a while now. They are very good, better than most restaurants IMO. Wil have try this one next time, he's got the browning down solid.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I make my own cream cheese, which results in an abundance of whey. Whey is my base for a lot of things but is killer in pancake/waffle batter. Whey is a buttermilk substitute.

Posts: 8726 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"No whey, man!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

"No whey, man!"

Whey out there!
https://dontwastethecrumbs.com...d-5-ways-to-make-it/

Posts: 8726 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Having watched the Epicurious pancake video and cleaned the drool off my keyboard, I went looking for the Ultimate Belgian Waffle recipe. Found it on Joshua Weissman's website. Just ordered Belgian pearl sugar, a necessary ingredient. Can't wait to try it.

Posts: 18381 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Now I want Pancakes, possibly for dinner Big Grin
They do look good.

Didn't have any meat thawed for dinner, so pancakes it was Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16013 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been watching Matt's videos the last six months and I really enjoy them, good insights into professional chefs and how they do their thing.
I recently made his butternut squash enchilada sauce...spectacular!

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the really thin German style pancakes. Make them with buttermilk, a good amount of eggs, some vanilla and maple syrup on top. A little chewy, and super delicious.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3634 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Christ, that was a lot of butter in that 2nd video.

WANT

What is the point of it being whipped if it’s just going to melt anyway?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17621 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post