SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alabama Coach Nick Saban Co-Signs Letter Urging Manchin to Support Voting Rights Legislation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alabama Coach Nick Saban Co-Signs Letter Urging Manchin to Support Voting Rights Legislation Login/Join 
posted
Alabama Coach Nick Saban Co-Signs Letter Urging Manchin to Support Voting Rights Legislation

https://www.washingtonpost.com...oting-rights-letter/

Must be recruiting time in the deep south for Nick Saban.

Stick to coaching Nick - it's the only thing you'll ever be good at. Well - not as good as Kirby Smart this year so I guess you can try your hat with Politics.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Joe Manchin already supports the stupid fucking “voting” legislation.

What he doesn’t support is breaking the filibuster and Build Back Broke ( or was that Broke-Back Biden ?)

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
I saw that as well. I’m disappointed in Saban and other former West Virginians that signed the letter but not surprised. He’s a great football coach but clearly lacks common sense in American civics.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
There is NO-ONE who cannot legally vote in the US. NO ONE. This is a manufactured issue. The states have been running elections since we were formed. The dems just want to federalize presidential elections. (You should be asking yourself Why?)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
There is NO-ONE who cannot legally vote in the US. NO ONE. This is a manufactured issue. The states have been running elections since we were formed. The dems just want to federalize presidential elections. (You should be asking yourself Why?)

Seriously?

You really think the membership here doesn’t understand?

Wow! Eek

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have seen this a few places from a few blue checks. Haven't seen an article on it anywhere yet.

Here we go:

Nick Saban Co-Signs Letter to Manchin Backing Election Bill — But Not Killing Filibuster

Legendary University of Alabama football coach Nick Saban was one of five prominent sports figures who co-signed a letter to Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) expressing support for the Freedom to Vote Act — but later clarified that he did not support scrapping or softening the Senate’s 60-vote legislative filibuster.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/18/...-killing-filibuster/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must be that stigmatism going on.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Nick Saban needs to STFU and stick to coaching.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Nick Saban needs to STFU and stick to coaching.

He's just trying to find at least one thing he can win at this year. Razz

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So it's all just a bunch of freaking virtue signaling. Great, cause we need more of that. Roll Eyes

Where did all the courage disappear to in this country? Well, there's at least an ounce of it left in Manchin and Sinema. I had zero hope that Manchin would hold firm. So far he's proven me wrong.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Who gives two flying you know whats about what Nick Saban says about politics?

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saban speaking with fork tongue......apparently he needs to read a little deeper into his own playbook because he said this back in 2020 ---"And I know it’s kind of out there that — I can tell you we’re not endorsing any candidates. I’ve never endorsed a candidate, nor will I ever endorse a candidate or get involved in politics in any way, shape or form. I don’t think that’s my place.” See https://www.al.com/alabamafoot...-any-candidates.html about halfway down the article.

Much like many of those who believe their heavy wallet endows them with a senses of knowledge and wisdom the common man can never grasp Saban better start reading the fine print. I dont think he understands that this Voting Rights Act does more to take the rights of the voter away than keep them.

As another famous Alabamian said "Stupid is as stupid does".....LOL Big Grin

Posts: 584 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is where we split up Nick, you shouldn’t have done that.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
And again I'm back to why? Not unlike the CEO's that wade into political issues and alienate millions of potential customers, I cannot for the life of me understand why someone like Saban would opt to wade into an issue like this on 'any' side. Apparently ego drives some people to self destructive ends, and Saban is attempting to prove that yet again.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
He hangs around with people that plays a child’s game. America really needs to set their priorities about how much of a voice we give to any of these cretins. People always say “Well, it’s not pro sports so it’s ok”. It’s all a grandstanding of disrespect. Until these idiots can realize their place, America just needs to say no.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Pandering to potential recruits is job one, the country takes a back seat.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Another reason to dislike Saban. STFU and coach, clearly you failed the last game. Nobody cares about your political opinions.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Are there actually people out there that care about what some random sports person says? I refuse to believe it.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Are there actually people out there that care about what some random sports person says? I refuse to believe it.
Are you really that naive ? There are millions of people that hang on every word that comes from the mouth of a " celebrity " . Television commercials and advertising in general is proof .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
He's suffering from PTLNCTGA syndrome....

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post