SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alabama Coach Nick Saban Co-Signs Letter Urging Manchin to Support Voting Rights Legislation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alabama Coach Nick Saban Co-Signs Letter Urging Manchin to Support Voting Rights Legislation Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Poor judgement on his part. Kind of like when Alabama went for a field goal late in the game against Auburn and it was run back for a touchdown.

Manchin and Saban used to be friends as both are from West Virginia. Should be interesting.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pandering to potential recruits

/Thread

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is an editorial by Jason Riley, head of the Wall St Journal editorial board (and a black guy) laying out some facts about Black voter registration and turnout. The rate of Black voter turnout actually exceeded that of White voter turnout in 2008 and 2012. How's that for "voter suppression"!

WSJ editorial

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Why would a footyball coach get embroiled in politics? It cannot work to his advantage.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Why would a football coach get embroiled in politics? It cannot work to his advantage.

Exactly!
another sports team I won't watch.

Posts: 31 | Location: Buckeye, AZ | Registered: June 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
“Better to keep one’s mouth closed and allow others to think you are a fool, rather than to open it and remove all doubt.” MT

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Hey Coach STFU about politics and coach your team.

If you want to play politics then quit coaching and jump in like your senator did. But while you are a state employee leave politics to the citizens and elected types.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Yeah. Pretty much this right here......

As an adopted Aggie, I can say, with all the love in my heart, F--K 'BAMA!!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Stay in your lane, or I'll get a bunch of people to start sending you weekly letters on how to coach your team.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37958 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Ha, ha! You lost, sucker!

Senate votes down filibuster rule changes as Manchin, Sinema side with Republicans

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Ha, ha! You lost, sucker!

Senate votes down filibuster rule changes as Manchin, Sinema side with Republicans
I'm glad to see that sanity was maintained.

Biden: "We will continue to advance necessary legislation and push for Senate procedural changes that will protect the fundamental right to vote." I have news for him -- we are preserving the procedural right to vote -- one citizen, one vote, one time. No cheating.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I'm all for voting rights. The right for a secure vote by: Voter ID required; no automatic same-day registration; all mail-in ballots for national elections must have both signature and valid ID info confirmed, plus cross-referenced with all other states for duplicates.

This past election far left New England and Minnesota folks were canvassing center city for voter signups. The long pause and stare after, "Are you reg-is-tered to vote?" was, I'm convinced, code for "We know how to register you in multiple states; few safeguards are in place with mail-in balloting, with the covid rush and everything".

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
"I coach sportsball....I am important and you must obey me"

Eat a dick Saban and the same to all the other "jesters" who think I care what they think.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone should pass on to these simpletons that they all already have voting rights.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They know that. They just want to be able to vote as many times as they want.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^
Yeah. Pretty much this right here......

As an adopted Aggie, I can say, with all the love in my heart, F--K 'BAMA!!!!

Or, as commonly expressed in these parts, “BUCK FAMA”!

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
I have been an Alabama fan all of my life, had a brother and sister graduate from there, but when he staged that BS(BULLSHIT) BLM march I have been having a hard time supporting "my team" and now this crap - I think NCAA football is going the way of pro football, which I haven't watched in years, barely watch college football, anymore, but I think the time has come to find better things to do

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post