SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Honda Ridgeline Owners, Please Step In *UPDATE Bought one!*
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honda Ridgeline Owners, Please Step In *UPDATE Bought one!* Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted
How do you like them, and have you had any problems? The Ridgeline appeals to me because it's car up front, open bed in the rear. I looked at all the current pickups, big and small, and find them a bit too truckish not to mention pricey. TIA for any information.

Update, made a deal for an RTL-T AWD for $34650, plus applicable taxes and fees. Original sticker was $39,995 so I guess I got a good deal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SgtGold,

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind the aesthetics, its a great truck.

I don't own one, but have several co-workers who do. Very comfortable, don't ride like a truck. Basically a Honda Pilot with the back cut off.

I believe Motor Trend and some of the car rags have done comparo's of all the mid-size pickups and the ridgeline usually scores very well, usually only losing to the Colorado.

He takes a lot of crap from folks about it not being a real truck, so if you got thick skin go for it Wink

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1237 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2017 Ridgeline and love it.

I bought it a couple of years ago and kept the mileage off until I retired this year (10k miles on it now), so no maintenance issues.

It is quiet and rides smoothly. I like it better than my wife's Highlander.

War Eagle!

Posts: 129 | Location: Alabama | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can the bed accommodate 4’ x 8’ sheets of plywood?

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsmccull:

Yes

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Good info so far. I'll be replacing a 2012 Outback if that makes any difference.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always owned large fast V-8 Sedans; Audi and Infiniti.

Four years ago I inherited a low mileage 2007 Ridgeline. I miss the power and cruising of the sedans (sedans comfortable at 80, Ridgeline comfortable under 75)however the Ridgeline is absolutely wonderful.

It has been reliable, gets decent mileage, and for my purposes around town, it fits the bill. It is much more of a gentleman's pick-up compared to a F150, Chevy, or RAM, but I like that. It is not a truck I would use on a farm or for construction.

The interior is large and comfortable, I like having four doors. Although I do use private garages for many things, I don't want them cracking open the engine, transmission, or air conditioning. For those things I always use, and have been very happy with, the local Honda Dealer. They have provided excellent service and integrity.

If I were in the market for a newer pickup I would certainly consider another Ridgeline; I do prefer the old style though.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I loved my Gen 1 Ridgeline, which I had for 10 years. I looked at and strongly considered a Gen 2, but my need for a truck bed had diminished, and the price increased a fair bit on the Gen 2s, so I ended up going with a SUV instead.

So it's not a "real truck". Whatever. It can do 95% of what most people need a "real truck" to do. And considering the average truck owner these days uses it as a daily driver far more often than they occasionally use the truck bed or tow anything, the Ridgeline's ride is significantly more comfortable than any other truck, and the locked waterproof trunk is handier on a daily basis than the truck bed itself.

If you truly need a full-sized work truck with the ability for heavy hauling/towing, get a "real truck". But most truck owners, if they were honest with themselves, would be better served with a Ridgeline.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
2017, we have put 30k miles on it since new and it replaced a 2004 4x4 F150 Lariat. Love the truck, does everything the Ford did except tow 10K lbs. I don’t tow my 25 CC anymore but now do tow a 1520 key west.

Truck can be loaded same as Ford, rides and handles fantastic, has good power and mileage. It has been absolutely reliable and the bed trunk is a fantastic feature. Think of it as 4/5 of an F150 with half the tow capacity. Head over to the ridgeline owners forum if you want detailed research - but we will likely own this truck 15 years or more. Great truck.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
2009 and it has only had minor/inexpensive issues. Now at 110K miles and mileage is 18.5-19 in mixed driving. Be aware that at 100K it requires a new timing belt plus a shit load of other recommended services that will run 800-1.2K bucks IF you bite for all of them. The timing belt is an absolute must though and runs 600-800 bucks with a new water pump. All in all, it has been a good ride.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:

Yes

Flat? Eek

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Don't know why Chevy discontinued the Avalanche.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:

Yes

Flat? Eek

Yes.

———————————————

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Don't know why Chevy discontinued the Avalanche.

Easy. Sales figures were pathetic.

———————————————

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
2009 and it has only had minor/inexpensive issues. Now at 110K miles and mileage is 18.5-19 in mixed driving. Be aware that at 100K it requires a new timing belt plus a shit load of other recommended services that will run 800-1.2K bucks IF you bite for all of them. The timing belt is an absolute must though and runs 600-800 bucks with a new water pump. All in all, it has been a good ride.

RMD

My Outback has the same maintenance schedule. Timing belt at 105k and do the pump at the same time.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Most autos with a timing belt recommend that it (and the related components) be replaced at ~100k.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I looked at Ridgeline a few years ago and decided against it. Front wheel drive on a truck just doesn't make sense to me, but don't ask me to explain why. Yeah I know you can get AWD as well. It felt like a mini van with a bed. I guess for most people just going to Home Depot and getting a few bags of mulch, and other such tasks it's fine, and I were honest about it, that plus outdoor activities (hunt fish etc) is all I really use my truck for. But "me man, me need real truck". Big Grin

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I owned a 2011 Ridgeline and it was nice. Got rid of it because the interior was a little small for my liking. I really loved the under bed storage compartment and dual swing tailgate. Hated the turning radius. A semi could make a better 3 point turn.

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

So it's not a "real truck". Whatever. It can do 95% of what most people need a "real truck" to do. And considering the average truck owner these days uses it as a daily driver far more often than they occasionally use the truck bed or tow anything, the Ridgeline's ride is significantly more comfortable than any other truck, and the locked waterproof trunk is handier on a daily basis than the truck bed itself.

I like your logic. By that standard, so can my Odyssey, including 4x8 sheet goods completely out of the weather. Ridgeline can't do that now, can it? It also can't carry 8 people either.

The whole "not a real truck", but meets most pickup drivers "needs" thing is tired and old. How many people make vehicle purchases solely based on needs? I'd be willing to bet more pickup buyers buy pickups based on a needs criteria than car buyers do. I know I did.

I didn't by my truck for the 65% of the time I don't need it. I bought it for the 35% of the time it's the smallest, least capable vehicle that will get the job done.

If I wanted a Ridgeline, I'd get one and wouldn't think twice about it. Honda makes solid vehicles.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paying close attention to this thread. I'm considering buying one myself

Posts: 7559 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post