SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia County To Teach "Slavery Lessons" To Kindergartners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia County To Teach "Slavery Lessons" To Kindergartners Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
F*ck, but this state has gone into the shitter.

I was going to post this in the What's Your Deal forum because it pisses me off so, but here it might garner more discussion.

It's being reported that Loudoun County (Virginia) schools will be adding a program developed in part by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) education arm that will teach "institutional racism" to pre-schoolers, which will make white kids ashamed to be white and will begin inculcating a hatred for this country.

From the article, citing opposition to this proposed teaching curriculum: "The new Teaching Tolerance kindergarten curriculum urges teachers to explain social justice theories to five-year-olds. The Loudoun County elementary school teacher believes this curriculum will prove divisive for children who lack the maturity to deal with the subject."

Ya think?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Home-Schooling will be expanding exponentially going forward....The new 'school choice' in Fall 2020!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8892 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Radicalizing the youth is how to achieve a cultural revolution. Might as well start calling them madrasas....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Home-Schooling will be expanding exponentially going forward....The new 'school choice' in Fall 2020!

agree

wouldn't put up with that BS

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Northern Virginia...Four counties around DC have lost their collective minds. Wish they would move to DC or Maryland. They have almost nothing in common with most of the rest of the state.

Posts: 56 | Registered: January 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great place for a gigantic sinkhole to appear.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
Wow... glad I moved away from that shithole. NoVA has been in decline for a long time though and unfortunately, politically it controls the state.

Posts: 479 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mutiny:
Wow... glad I moved away from that shithole. NoVA has been in decline for a long time though and unfortunately, politically it controls the state.
Much of that part was originally made part of DC. Time to give it back.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Yep, don't teach them how to read, or write, or anything else of value, but instead fill their heads with total nonsense. Public education....Destroying one generation at a time.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Yep, don't teach them how to read, or write, or anything else of value
Try to hire a recent high school graduate who can do simple arithmetic, or follow clear written instructions. I really have to wonder why I am paying property taxes, the largest portion of which goes to the school system.

If I were younger I would run for election to the Board of Education. I would probably be a logical minority though, pissing into the wind.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm extremely thankful for our charter school. The actually say the Pledge of Allegiance everyday, just like I did when I was in elementary school. It's nature focused with over half the learning outdoors. I would have home schooled my girl before sending her to public school. I wish the people of Virginia would wake up.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before I even clicked on the link I knew it was Northern Virginia.

I was suprised it was Loudon County though.
I thought it would be Manassas, Alexandria or Arlington.

What a crock
And of course the Southern Poverty Law Center is behind it. A POS Organization if I ever read about one.

Prince William will be next...
Well it will probably revolve around hispanic or some other white guilt but just wait

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrapteam666,

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I were younger I would run for election to the Board of Education. I would probably be a logical minority though, pissing into the wind.

I did it for 6 years.
I was the only member of the public Board of Education who had his kids in Catholic school.
They couldn't figure out why I was there. Sometimes I couldn't either... pissing into the wind is a pretty good description. Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24120 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we should refer to it as the Public Indoctrination System.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Loudoun County is adding "social justice" to the mission of teaching elementary school students reading, writing, and arithmetic. The Washington, D.C., suburb—the richest county in the country—has teamed up with the Southern Poverty Law Center's (SPLC) education arm Teaching Tolerance to develop its new curriculum.

Ahh, yes, it's not enough to have the best resources, best facilities and arguably the best teachers that a public school system can have, they now have to 'out-woke' everyone else. Never mind that whom comprises the school district is likely very fair-skinned, why not just bus-in kids from the other less advantaged areas. Really drive-it home that skin color, hair type and language are the divisions that need to be exploited, make these teachers get creative with their explanations.Roll Eyes

Pre-schoolers....kids who are just learning how to put sentences together and can barely spell their own name, are going to be taught about legislative and judicial bias? Why stop there, teach them about genocide and the Holocaust, don't sugar coat it, make sure they know about the Dr Mengala, the ovens, Zyklon-B, Rawanda and Armenia.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I used to attend OCPS board meetings to debate issues of the day with them. I once got into a debate with my district rep Kat Gordon (Google who she is if you're unfamiliar with her), that every local news channel taped and broadcast. Kat's a moron of monumental proportions with an ego to match. I simply baited her and led her down the path I wanted to go, and she and the school board came off looking like fools. It was epic. What I learned from the experience though is this. You simply can't win against these idiots. Unless you can find six like minded people that are electable to replace the entire board all at the same time, you have no chance of ever changing anything.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unless you can find six like minded people that are electable to replace the entire board all at the same time, you have no chance of ever changing anything.

It's very difficult with a public Board of Education. Especially when it's a 7 member board with staggered terms. The Teacher's union (NEA) simply has more incentive to find rubber-stamp board members than you do to stop them.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24120 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Northern, VA to Richmond to the Tidewater all the same.

I remember a few years back (when I was still living in the Richmond metro area) they uncovered one of the high level School Board administrators had lied about having a PHD or Masters to the high level job. For this position you needed a high level advanced degree but she barely had a Bachelors.

In all of its infinite wisdom the City of Richmond let her keep the job because she was already there/hired.

I lived in Richmond metro area from 2001 to 2017 and nothing changed except the color of the leaves in the fall.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
If they were exposed to American history early enough they'd learn about slavery, the civil war and which President abolished it. Little kids are like sponges if it's taught in an interesting manner.

FWIW creepy joe thinks schools should teach islam. Career liberal politicians have no morals, ethics or character, but they sure know how to pander.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...chools-islamic-faith

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Where are their parents during all of this?

quote:
The United States has fallen to “average” in international education rankings released by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, according to the AFP.

America has received scores around 500 on a scale that goes up to 1,000: 487 in math, 500 in reading and 502 in science.

Fir what I pay towards the school system, the return is a joke. The teacher's unions seem to only demand more pay yet never seem to provide better products.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post