SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia County To Teach "Slavery Lessons" To Kindergartners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia County To Teach "Slavery Lessons" To Kindergartners Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This is what I'm buying with $5,000+ in personal property taxes. I'd like a refund please.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
So... I'm wool-gathering here a bit, and am possibly hoping someone will talk me off the ledge.

The almost daily onslaught against my rights and privileges of a United States citizen is beginning to get to me.

I bought my home three years ago, thinking "This is it. I have finally found my permanent home." I grew up in a foreign service family and have moved everywhere, every few years. Even as an adult, I never settled down. Here, I thought, I'm planting my flag.

Except now, the only thing I like about my home is within its four walls.

The other day, I read that the island country of Barbados is offering people a one-year visa for remote workers to come and "ride out" the scamdemic. Since all of my work these days is remote, I've been thinking, why should I stick around here when I can work from the comfort of an island removed from all this "wokeness?"

All that's kept me from starting the process is the question, what do I do about my house? I don't want to sell or rent it, but I can't leave it empty, either. I'm so tired of moving, that going through all that seems almost worse than dealing with communists, hypocrites, elitists, and those who view me only as an ATM for funding their leftist wet dreams.

I haven't run this by my employer yet, but Barbados is in the same time zone, so I can't see there being a problem. I have looked into the country's infrastructure, and they seem to be one of the better Caribbean countries in terms of telecommunications, cost of living, etc., and even though I'm not a beach person, the country is large enough to provide a comfortable way of life.

Lately, I've become active in local politics, believing that sitting on the sidelines is just allowing others to have their way. Yet, there is also the stupidity of standing in front of a steamroller. I'm torn between stay and fight, or getting the hell out of Dodge and letting the gunslingers have at it.

I know I'm blue-skying a bit. It's quite likely I haven't thought this through completely. I am aware that the offer is for one year, not a lifetime. But a lot can happen in a year. Are there deprivations I haven't considered that would negatively impact my life (not seeing my grandkids as often is one, but COVID has reduced that to almost never)?

Here's the Factbook page on Barbados.

Discuss?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
What gets me is how children learn civics is from close to far. Therefore we are supposed to teach community and civics the same. From close (friends, family) as they grow, then local (town, church etc.) to then far (city, county, state, nation, world) when they are ready.
We are even supposed to teach history this way by starting with great people (scientist, inventors, etc.) and then grow understanding from there. Abstract ideas like culture start with the local and move outward to experience diversity. Social Sciences is specifically taught a certain way, I have never agreed with how we do it in Virginia and have even stated as much at teacher conferences hosted with the VDOE. Why do we start them off learning about egypt etc. It is opposite what we have learned about how children build their sense of self and community. They have a reasoning they use for it, and I am on the camp that does not agree. Even with these disagreements this is still education, just not very effective (imo)

But This is not education, this is brainwashing. An engineered and institutionalized racism, and it frightens me.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
This is why I pay for private schools. People need to get their kids out of this shit. I live in a nice suburb...high taxes, nice schools, etc, but I still send my kids to private schools.

My two oldest daughters are really good friends with the girl next door. She attends the local public school; again, it's very good and ranks high in the state. However, I forget the exact grade, but it was around 2nd or 3rd grade and this girl is talking to my girls about drugs. She's a great kid and her parents are doing a great job by the way.

My daughters started asking my wife and I about drugs and why people do them, etc. After some inquiry we find out the neighbor girl had a lesson in drugs and drug awareness. Obviously I'm all for keeping kids off of drugs, but in the second grade?!?!? I would have ripped our principal's ass if he taught such things at such a young age. Let kids be innocent FFS. Even in "good" public schools, the government forces shit on your kids that they shouldn't be exposed to. If you've got kids in public schools, just know they are being indoctrinated in ways you didn't choose. Become a paying customer somewhere and have a choice in what they are being taught.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post