SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there a good source to purchase audio books without a subscription?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a good source to purchase audio books without a subscription? Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
I've bought a few audiobooks on my iPhone Books app but the selection seems limited. I don't listen to enough books to justify an Audibles subscription. I think it's like $17/month.

Is there a better place to buy audiobooks anyone knows of?

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Libby is a free library application. You download it to your iPhone, plug in your library bar code and password, and can limit the search to audiobooks.

I've just finished Ringworld #1 and #2, and am currently listening to The Leopard by Jo Nesbø.

Loved all of the Ian Fleming and more of his stuff 'finished' by other writers after Fleming's death.

REALLY loved Heinlein read by Lloyd James. Starship Trooper and The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.

All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, read by Zach Appelman ... literally the list goes on and on ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ This. There are also free library applications (Overdrive / Bridges) for your PC that allow you to download audio books and play them on your PC. You can even copy the mp3 files to an sd card or CD so they may be played in older vehicles.

Posts: 2368 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MA library consortium has tons of audio books, being from MA you can sign up and take them out.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post