SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Archery and Coaching
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Archery and Coaching Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Nights like tonight are the reminders of why I coach. One of my personally coached archers back in Phoenix has got a wealth of natural talent. I've always said that if his drive and ambition ever caught up, there would be no stopping him.

I just received word from his mother without any provocation from her or me, he just completed his application to USA Archery's Compound Dream Team. The Compound Dream Team is a national team consisting of 36 men and women archers representing all of the age divisions. They have quarterly coaching sessions at the US Olympic Training Centers with coaches from the national teams. Selection to the team is a huge accomplishment.

I'm just extremely proud of him for taking the initiative and applying on his own. My philosophy of coaching has always been I don't coach to make kids better archers, I coach to help archers become independent, not be afraid to take chances and be confident to stand on their own. Tonight just reaffirms that for me.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11781 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A post filled with win! Smile

Posts: 4988 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post