SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Asking my dog if she wants to go for a walk...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Asking my dog if she wants to go for a walk... Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
Merlot says, "No thank you, I'm good. Lock the door on your way out." Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15490 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
She has a pretty good set-up there. I don’t blame her for staying home. Wink

Posts: 26943 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
That would be me today! Big Grin

Well, she was actually more polite...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Baby, it's cold outside!

Posts: 6511 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Could be she just doesn't want to be seen with the likes of you? Smart dog.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My golden retriever never turns down the offer. As a matter of fact, any one standing between her and the door when you ask her better be ready to jump out of the way or get ran over.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Cute photo. Poodles are smart.

Am I the only one who thought her back left leg was stretched over her left ear?. .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
Sparky approves of this image!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Samantha just got back from the salon and can't wait to go shopping.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2193 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayniac:

Holy smokes! It's Mr. Peabody!

God bless America.

Posts: 13521 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Barney said ask me again when it's over 40 degrees

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Great pic!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36845 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
How sad. Have you tried tying a pork chop around your neck to get Merlot to go for a walk with you? Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
My golden retriever never turns down the offer. As a matter of fact, any one standing between her and the door when you ask her better be ready to jump out of the way or get ran over.

Ditto for my not quite 2 year old beagle. In fact, my wife and I have to spell the word, because if she hears it, or sees her leash, this is what we get...

locate nearest gas station

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:

Ditto for my not quite 2 year old beagle. In fact, my wife and I have to spell the word, because if she hears it, or sees her leash, this is what we get...

We no longer say walk or spell it either, they are that smart. We use "time to shine the monkey's butt". However, I think they are on to that one too.

Posts: 2028 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Pippi used to respond to "It's time to get your furry ass outside."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30733 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
My cat shits in a box.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Ya gotta take the whiskey jug with you when you go outside, Jim.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:

Guess its a breed thing. If i say the "W" word, there is a 90lb streak to the door.
Put on my shoes, dog rushes to the door. Touch a leash, bouncing golden ball of hair.

Posts: 1045 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous you get the occasional reprieve.
I have an Australian Shepherd so there's not a day that goes by where our daily walk is not...necessary.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post