SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tomorrow is the first day of summer, but it started in Pittsburgh tonight...Edit (Protestors now shutting down Pittsburgh traffic)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tomorrow is the first day of summer, but it started in Pittsburgh tonight...Edit (Protestors now shutting down Pittsburgh traffic) Login/Join 
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted
Police involved shooting of a 17y/o male who ran from a vehicle that matched the description of an earlier shooting. Car had bullet holes, the rear window was shot out, and 2 firearms were found in the vehicle. Another accomplice is not currently in custody. Not sure of the involvement of the 22y/o driver. He might have been shot from an earlier incident.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.co...antwon-rose-protest/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ASKSmith,

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Yeah, a lot of posts on my social media feeds. Looks like he was shot three times in the back while fleeing from the police.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
"KDKA-TV has now learned that the officer who is accused of shooting Rose, was only sworn into duty a few hours before the fatal shooting."

Posts: 11391 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
So, it seems that it is being reported -- not necessarily the truth, not necessarily all the facts, but what is being reported -- unarmed yoof, running away while not observed engaged in any offense other than being a passenger in a wanted vehicle, is shot multiple times in the back by a brand new cop, first day on the job.

The preceding does NOT reflect my opinion on the matter, it is just a brief summary of what I am seeing in media reporting, probably both biased and incomplete.

This has all the potential of making Ferguson MO look like a Sunday school picnic.

I would not want to be a First Responder in that area right now.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30698 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
a brand new cop, first day on the job.

FWIW, he was not a rookie. He was a 7 year veteran of another agency. Likely hired as a lateral officer.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in the western suburbs of PGH and this happened in the eastern suburbs.

Waiting for more info myself.

I expect some shit to happen based on uninformed way too early news reports and social media garbage.

Posts: 198 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
a brand new cop, first day on the job.
FWIW, he was not a rookie. He was a 7 year veteran of another agency. Likely hired as a lateral officer.
Ah, did not see that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30698 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I have a son who is roughly the same age. If my son was pulled over in a car with guns, with bullet holes, and windows shot out, my first question would be, "WHAT THE FUCK IS MY SON DOING IN A CAR WITH GUNS AND THE WINDOWS SHOT OUT".

My next question would be, "WHO THE FUCK IS THE 22y/o DRIVER". Local news is reporting he is a "jitney" driver, that's a local slang, but basically an Uber driver, before the invention of Uber.

My next question would be, "WHO THE FUCK IS THE OTHER ACCOMPLICE WHO RAN AWAY?!??!

-----------------
I apologize now...

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the shooter has a good start at being the kind of cop we need. No bullshit, do as you say and you won't get hurt. No reason to give the reverse of that.

Ya know, about 15 years ago we had an incident over across the river. Ohio. Black kid was told to stop, so he ran. Cops are like dogs chasing a cat. He runs, he needs shooting.

So at lunch the next day in the company lunchroom we discussed it. A fair number of both black and white guys. None of us white guys understood. We told our kids to do as the cop says. To the last one, the black guys told their kids growing up to run like hell. When you hear of an incident where the passengers bail out and scatter, you can expect they're all black. So yes, I see a connection. The black folks don't understand. The local media, ever PC, extend it to "unarmed black child" shot.

Anyone want to venture a guess what would have happened if he had complied? OK, lets talk for a second about the kid part (17) and the unarmed part. He was in a car where someone was firing shots out the window. So they all bail out and the black family wants the clock to be reset. All become unarmed and should be give every opportunity to prove it. Or not. The reality here is everyone in the car can assumed to be armed until proven otherwise. Just a little misunderstanding between assumptions.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Protestors shut down a major throughway in Pittsburgh, which was dispersed around 3am.

An ironic twist was some top news stories this morning involved teens getting shot in a drive by shooting, and police targeting gang activity.

-----------------
I apologize now...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ASKSmith:

...An ironic twist was some top news stories this morning involved teens getting shot in a drive by shooting...

Will the black community ever protest against blacks slaughtering each other? Heck no!

/rant mode off/

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Will the black community ever protest against blacks slaughtering each other? Heck no!

/rant mode off/

Well who are they going to shake down for $$$ then?

Posts: 13130 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Video shows Antwon Rose firing weapon in earlier drive-by shooting

quote:
UPDATE (2:12 p.m. Friday) Police sources tell Channel 11 there is video now in the hands of law enforcement that shows Antwon Rose firing a weapon in the drive-by shooting that occurred in North Braddock just minutes before Rose was shot by a police officer in East Pittsburgh Tuesday night.

District Attorney Steven Zappala confirmed to Channel 11 that video evidence was recovered from the scene of that shooting in North Braddock.

Channel 11 asked the attorney representing the family of Antwon Rose about the empty gun clip that police sources told us was found on Rose after the shooting. The attorney said that has no impact on this case, since the officer shot a teenager as he was running away.

UPDATE (1:24 p.m. Friday) District Attorney Stephen Zappala said he expects East Pittsburgh Police Officer Michael Rosfeld to be interviewed today.

He said the case is being expedited.

UPDATE (11:47 a.m. Friday) Channel 11 just spoke over the phone with Officer Michael Rosfeld's attorney. According to the attorney, no decision has been made about when Rosfeld will talk to the Allegheny County police.

UPDATE (11:31 a.m. Friday) Protestors are leaving the Allegheny County Courthouse in silence without talking to District Attorney Stephen Zappala.

UPDATE (11:05 a.m. Friday)

Channel 11 has confirmed that Antwon Rose had an empty gun clip in his pocket at the time of the shooting. Two guns were found in the vehicle that Rose ran from.

Rose was not armed with a weapon at the time of the shooting, according to Allegheny County Police.

UPDATE (10:58 a.m. Friday)

A small group of protesters are sitting on the floor outside District Attorney Stephen Zappala's office inside the Allegheny County Courthouse.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonder if said “clip” fits in either of the weapons found inside the car...hmmm...

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
It was a hair clip. He had a lot of hair.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I have heard of the video, and apparently the police have not released it.

During the protests last night, a car drove through the crowd. I believe they were right outside the Pittsburgh Pirates stadium. One of the "bullhorn" women said they plan on shutting down major business routes all week.

Autopsy reports show that Antwon had gun residue on his hand, as well a an empty firearm magazine in his possession.

No protests have involved the killing of a young female during a drive by shooting that occurred recently.

No arrests have been made for the other accomplice who ran from the car.

Stay safe, Pittsburgh!!!

-----------------
I apologize now...

Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Protestors shut down traffic at a very heavily traveled part of Pittsburgh today. The protestors said this is only the first day of protests, and they plan on shutting down different parts of the city every day.

The other accomplice has still not come forward, and the officer involved has been publicly named.

Might want to avoid Pittsburgh this summer...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
avoid Pittsburg

Always do. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected, police arrested the other youth on Monday on other charges. One of the charges was a probation violation for removing an ankle monitoring bracelet, and his female accomplice was arrested with retail theft.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.co...ntwon-rose-shooting/

-----------------
I apologize now...

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Sounds like if Antwon’s parents had done a better job being parents, the no-longer-aspiring rocket surgeon might be alive today.

I keep wondering how short the fuse is becoming that will ignite true Americans to react to “protests” for some piece of shit that got what he deserved.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15598 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post