SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your St. Patrick's Day Food & Drink?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your St. Patrick's Day Food & Drink? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
What food & drink will you enjoy today, in celebration of St. Patrick's Day?

Today and today only I'm tossing the diet out the window Smile

My wife baked scones to go with coffee this morning. (Not Irish, but close-ish.)

I just enjoyed some home made cottage pie (often incorrectly referred-to as "shepherd's pie" by most Americans), left over from dinner a couple evenings ago. Not exclusively Irish, and probably originated in Scotland, but close. Enjoying a Guinness Stout with it.

Will enjoy a tot of Tullamore Dew later this afternoon.

Dinner is in-progress. Corned beef and cabbage. (Also not really Irish, but we think it is.) I'll enjoy another Guinness with dinner. There'll be Irish soda bread to go with it, and that, like the Guinness and Tullamore Dew, is most definitely Irish!

All whilst wearing the green Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We’re having neighbors over later this afternoon. My wife is making Irish stew, and I’m baking a loaf of sourdough bread to go with it.

I’ve got a couple bottles of John “Jem-son”, original and Black Barrel. Guinness of course.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Taco casserole, kidney beans and rice. And a big glass of water. Not sure how that dovetails in with St. Patrick’s day but it was good anyhow.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Had a corned beef sandwich for lunch.

(Corned beef is actually more Jewish than Irish, but it's associated with St. Paddy's Day anyway.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corned beef and cabbage with onions, carrots and potatoes. All that topped off with beer.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Corned beef & cabbage, potatoes, and carrots for dinner. A couple of snorts of Paddy's afterwards.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A grilled Ruben with homemade sour kraut, some homemade dill pickles, and Guinness. A good afternoon!

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
41+ pounds of corned beef, 20 pounds of potatoes, 6 pounds of carrots, 5 heads of cabbage, and a "couple" pints of Guinness. With a "couple" friends. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CB&C (that also has potatoes and carrots) with a good ale. Don't know about dessert; whatever my sister is making--she's the cook.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoked corned beef, taters, and a beer. Gonna pass on the cabbage. Happy St. Patty day Sig Forum.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Sitting here at Kaiserhof after finishing my meal of corned beef & cabbage with sides of carrots and boiled potatoes. And Guinness instead of my usual Stiegl lager. Burp.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
CB&C (that also has potatoes and carrots) with a good ale. Don't know about dessert; whatever my sister is making--she's the cook.

The potatoes and carrots are a given. My wife also throws in a goodly portion of onion.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Not celebrating anything, but having pork loin marinated in home made chimichurri. Roasted potatoes and either grilled or steamed green beans. Also bought a ceasar salad kit and some knock off kings Hawaiian rolls may have one or two of those too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
My wife can't stand cooked cabbage or corned beef, so we compromise with bangers and mash which I wash down with a pint or two of Guinness.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brined a whole brisket. Cooked it today with all the fixings my youngest was home for spring break. We just dropped her off I'm now sitting down with a Guinness. What a great meal we had today! Cheers to all.

Posts: 380 | Location: masshole | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Had the traditional CB&C with Guinness on Friday night. It was early but I just couldn't wait. Tonight is stuffed peppers and Powers Irish Whiskey.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Corn beef sandwich with a big pour of Guiness

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Grilled ribeye and New York strip steaks with sautéed green beans, cauliflower rice, and a nice Pinot Noir.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6726 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
We go out for Mexican every year this day. Lime Margarita and guacamole with no crowds beats an under seasoned boiled dinner any day.

We then buy corned beef packages on discount next week, and will boil one up on or around May 5th.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Not Irish, but made some homemade noodles and bolognese for lunch. Amazing lunch with the family.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post