SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your St. Patrick's Day Food & Drink?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your St. Patrick's Day Food & Drink? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Grilled shrimp, fried crawfish tails, jalapeno poppers filled with crawfish/catfish filling. Chased it with a Bud.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made a whole bunch of Shepherd's pie for today and for meals next week.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikito:
Made a whole bunch of Shepherd's pie for today and for meals next week.

That is a winter favorite.

I had corned beef with carrots, brussel sprouts, onion, and sweet potato.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Inaugural use of the Instapot was corned beef and cabbage.

One Newcastle Brown Ale in the pot with 3 cups of water, 4 pound corn beef, pickling spices. The corned beef was rinsed before it went in. Set the Instapot for 85 minutes, high pressure and allowed to naturally come back down to pressure.

Took the corned beef out and covered it in aluminum foil. Strained the liquid and put it back into the pot along with cabbage wedges, cut up red potatoes, carrots, and some onions. Set Instapot for 4 minutes and did instant release at the end.

Very tasty. We made one mistake. I mentioned to my wife that she needed to put the thing that goes in the bottom of the pot in before she put the corned beef in. She said she did. About twenty minutes into the cooking, she holds up the thing that goes in the bottom of the pot and asks me what it's for. 13 years today we've been married. The bottom of the corned beef was a little tougher than the rest and would have been perfect if we had used the thing.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post