always with a hat or sunscreen

| Surprised South Dakota School of Mines and Technology hasn't been mentioned. It's one of the top in the nation for engineering and the like. "Wall Street Journal Ranks South Dakota Mines Among Top 10 Recommended Universities in the Nation" https://www.sdsmt.edu/
Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club! USN (RET), COTEP #192 |
| | | Posts: 16769 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010 |  
IP
|
|
Res ipsa loquitur

| |
| | |
Member

| Kid is a junior in high school, don't put the cart before the horse.
Stay in state (free) for the first semester, if not year, of classes in his major. Very good chance this Geology major will change.
I have one with an MS and another in an MA program.
YMMV |
| | |
Savor the limelight
| He’s a senior in high school and has been full time college since his high school junior year. He’ll have his college AA degree when he finishes high school. The only prereq he won’t have to start junior level college geology classes will be the very first geology class and that’s only because his college doesn’t offer it. |
| | |
The Ice Cream Man
| So, as someone who tested out of everything I could, he needs to be careful with what he skips/tests out of - I managed to test out of lots of BS. (A&M had the textbooks in the library and a CLEP test was $50 or so) I do not suggest testing out of anything which will be a core aspect of his major - I shot myself in the foot by doing that with Calc II
BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
|
| | | Posts: 6918 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007 |  
IP
|
|
Member

| quote: Originally posted by trapper189: ...He’s a junior in high school and a freshman in college. ...
I misunderstood this part. Good luck to him. |
| | |
Savor the limelight
| No problem and thank you. The original post was last school year when we were trying to get a feel for what schools to take a look at. I posted an update on page 2 and changed the thread title to reflect that update. It’s confusing to me and I’m living with it on a daily basis.  |
| | |