SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US terminates Palestinian hand outs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US terminates Palestinian hand outs Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Finally! Typical MSM spin of course.

“JERUSALEM (AP) — Tens of thousands of Palestinians are no longer getting food aid or basic health services from America, U.S.-funded infrastructure projects have been halted, and an innovative peace-building program in Jerusalem is scaling back its activities.

The Trump administration’s decision last year to cut more than $200 million in development aid to the Palestinians is forcing NGOs to slash programs and lay off staff as the effects ripple through a community that has spent more than two decades promoting peace in the Middle East…”

https://apnews.com/3fad5d9e1fb94159a95decb08623e7d2

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Trump administration’s decision last year to cut more than $200 million in development aid to the Palestinians is forcing NGOs to slash programs and lay off staff as the effects ripple through a community that has spent more than two decades promoting peace in the Middle East…”

Cause it's worked so well up until now.

Posts: 6345 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thew way it should be

perhaps take all that aid money and give it to the VA to help our own vets

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
quote:

The only way I know in which it "worked" was to fund radical anti-USA forces and enrich those who stole much of the money in the first place.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
thew way it should be

perhaps take all that aid money and give it to the VA to help our own vets

I have a grandson who has been dealing with the VA for several years. Nothing but a pure MCF in nearly every time he goes to an appointment.

In one case, FIVE doctors all agreed that he needed a specific medication. Not a fucking one of them would sign the prescription! And this during and after a 240 mile round trip to get him to the facility.

Another time, he was undergoing inpatient treatment and they gave him Hep C. Turns out the whole fucking place was contaminated, apparently not really cleaned or sanitized in only God knows how long.

He is currently living with us (for more than 2 years) and my wife takes him to his appointments. The trip to the Richmond facility is generally an all day event, and nothing comes from it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
It's about DAMNED time!!!!! GO PRESIDENT DJT!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cue the hand-wringing from the MSM and the professional foreign policy establishment about how irresponsible it is to stop doing something that we have been doing for decades and has produced zero positive results.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It's hard for me to justify giving food and money to someone whose stole purpose in life is coming up with new ways to kill me.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
More winning Smile

And more shit for the commies to chew on.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of Limbaugh's excrement list. You cross us and you are on the list. All money stops. You are on the list until you show a considerable track record of working in our best interest and behaving like civilized nations.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
"Collective punishment! Collective punishment!" No, it's an end to having blind faith in collectivist politics - the leadership of Hamas is not answerable to the grass roots in Gaza in any meaningful way.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
quote:

If something (like these programs to bribe Arabs to act civilized) doesn't work, scrape it and try something else. Sometimes the carrot just won't work and you have to use the stick.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of Arab countries who can make up that loss of $200 million, if they really cared about the Palestinians (which they don't). I personally hope no one makes up that loss and that the Palestinians are someday forced to come up with a way to make themselves self-sufficient, start producing something the rest of the world wants to buy and teach their kids something other than how to be a victim and hate Israel.

Posts: 3522 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What, the leftists haven't found a judge from Hawaii to declare this unconstitutional, yet?

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
What, the leftists haven't found a judge from Hawaii to declare this unconstitutional, yet?

I think those "judges" may be out having the next partial brainectomy done. That seems to be the biggest requirement for them to move up in the hierarchy.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
US terminates Palestinian hand outs

It's a start.
I'm opposed to all recurring foreign aid.
One-time aid after a disaster? Sure... maybe.
But recurring foreign aid, like welfare, becomes a way of life. We have to stop thinking we are a giant tit for the whole world to suck on.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Good fuck them. We can restart humanitarian aid as soon as they stop launching rockets and flying kite bombs across the border.

Appeasement is not a winning strategy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oxymoron:
"Peace in the Middle East".
No more Foreign Aid money to anyone. Except a proven long term ally.
With Elk Hunters post in mind, use Foreign Aid money to gut and rebuild the VA.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
That is long over due,a few more would be nice.
Last year someone posted a world map and the amounts.
Sickening what this country gives our money for.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Good.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post