SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Train Travelers, I have a few questions.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Train Travelers, I have a few questions. Login/Join 
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted
I'm taking my son to DC this weekend. Instead of dealing with the insane, ridiculous amount of traffic we always get stuck in, we decided to take Amtrak from Richmond to DC. The last time I did this was about 38 years ago with my grandmother so I'm sure things have changed in regards to travel by rail.

Here are my questions:
1. How early do you have to get to the train station?
2. What kind of security can I expect? Any type of TSA?
3. Anything I need to be aware of that's not allowed on the train?

Any other tips I should know?

Thanks,
Chris

Posts: 1694 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I've taken the train from DC and Baltimore to NYC several times. I always end up getting to the station way early. 15-20 minutes is good. Just make sure you know the parking situation at the station before hand and plan accordingly. Better a little early then late.

There is security but nothing to slow you down. Never been stopped or slowed down in any of the cities I've mentioned. Not like flying. Get to the station and board the train.

There are outlets next to the seats to charge you phone or whatever.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post