SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    VCDL Email about Leaked FBI "Domestic Terrorism Symbols Guide"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VCDL Email about Leaked FBI "Domestic Terrorism Symbols Guide" Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted
A purported FBI whistleblower gave a copy of a document titled "Domestic Terrorism Symbols Guide - Militia Violent Extremism" to Project Veritas. The document is marked "Unclassified / Law Enforcement Sensitive, FBI Internal Use Only."

The document claims to show Anti-Government or Anti-Authority symbols or references that are used by "violent extremists."

The major problem is that the symbols and references are very general, many are historic, and some of the references are quotes from our Founding Fathers!

Oddly, I don't see any symbols or quotes from the groups that were committing violence and burning down parts of American cities in 2019 and 2020. I guess that must have been an oversight. <eye roll>

Items of particular note to VCDL in the document include:

* 2A - of which the document states "Militia Violent Extremists (MVE) justify their existence with the Second Amendment, due to the notion of a 'well-regulated militia,' as well as the right to bear arms." So, if a group talks about the Second Amendment, they suddenly go under a microscope? Wow - they better have a huge microscope. On top of that, is a person to be considered a violent extremist if they believe what the U.S. Supreme Court said in Bruen - that the Second Amendment provides citizens protection against a government that's turned tyrannical?

* Minuteman image - this is the same artwork VCDL and GOA and others use as part of a logo. The document classifies this as "Revolutionary War Imagery," which is apparently a bad thing from the FBI's point of view. The Revolutionary War gave us our freedom and created the greatest country to ever exist. So merely having imagery of the Revolutionary War could flag a group as being violent extremists?

This document further tarnishes the image the FBI used to have as an impartial law-enforcement agency. Instead, the FBI is sadly looking more and more like an arm of the Democrat Party.

If that image is true, it is extremely dangerous to our freedom. A political party controlling law enforcement is what totalitarian regimes use to make sure the government is not criticized and that citizens "stay in line." Citizens are intimidated into silence and freedom of speech does not exist. Government critics end up becoming political prisoners, something that some people believe has already happened.

How does any of this affect VCDL?

It's simply not possible to show that VCDL is a violent organization. That's not to say that something couldn't be fabricated, of course.

The FBI does give itself a way out to avoid claiming that peaceful groups, like VCDL, are a VME, as the document also states, "The use or sharing of these symbols alone should not independently be considered evidence of MVE presence or affiliation or serve as an indicator of illegal activity, as many individuals use these symbols for their original, historic meaning, or other non-violent purposes."

I will leave you with a great quote on "extremism" from Barry Goldwater: "Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice."

But now I have to wonder if the FBI will add that quotation to the list of MVE flags. :-(

Here’s a link to an article that discusses the FBI document and also has images of the actual document:

Link to article at Republican Daily

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
This is something a lot of us has already known for quite some time. The FBI presence during the January 2020 Lobby Day down in Richmond, VA was a heavy indicator that the Federal Government was looking at us as "extremists"

Between the FBI and ATF, we gun owners will need to be ever vigilant in what we do and say online and even have to cut some of our wardrobe, so as to not bring unwanted attention to ourselves. If you want to Burn, Loot, and Murder though (TRUE DOMESTIC TERRORISTS), go right on ahead and the government will cover your ass in perpetuity Mad .

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, they included "American Contingency" as a Militia Network/MVE.

This is a company run by a former Green Beret/CAG guy named Mike Glover. From everything I've heard about the guy, he's a stand-up dude.
I knew about about his main company, Fieldcraft Survival, but hadn't heard about American Contingency until yesterday.

Apparently, he didn't take it too well (rightfully so) to being named on the FBI Terrorist list.

It's a video worth watching...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/C...T-jtZJ-lgP7GASY-WdIY

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
What will they follow next? Hobo codes?

Posts: 13793 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
This topic loosely dovetails into a thread from a few days ago, in which some whistleblowers in the FBI are reporting that some FBI leadership is pressuring them to reclassify cases as Domestic Violent Extremism (DVE] and imposing case quotas on them.

FBI whistleblowers report internal corruption and pressure from higher ups to reclassify ongoing cases

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
No Antifa flags or BLM fist symbols?

Goddam FBI is a freaking joke Roll Eyes

They have become the KGB of the American Left

Posts: 33584 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Isn’t Christopher Wray testifying in front of Congress today?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah? Well, suck on it, feds.

Posts: 107242 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
No Antifa flags or BLM fist symbols?

Goddam FBI is a freaking joke Roll Eyes

They have become the KGB of the American Left
Don't be silly, those are considered "free speech" Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6188 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
We're dealing with actual leftist. They will absolutely label their enemies extremist and seek to criminalize other political groups. They do this everywhere they show up...none of their tactics should surprise. The bad news is that they seem to actually work with/for our broken media.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19495 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is the FBI going to declare the US Navy an "extremist" organization once they discover they actually wear a variant of the Gadsden Flag as a uniform patch? Roll Eyes

Posts: 33584 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yep, they (the entire Dept of Injustice) have become the enemy of freedom and liberty loving Americans everywhere. They have taken off their mask the last several years and revealed their true selves.

Q

Posts: 26196 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Germany went through similar circumstances in the 1930's.

Posts: 12565 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Isn’t Christopher Wray testifying in front of Congress today?

Here is a quick video with Cruz

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure I'm on several "lists".
And damned proud of it! Big Grin

Posts: 10825 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I'm pretty sure I'm on several "lists".
And damned proud of it! Big Grin

I've been paid a visit by ATF. So, I'm sure I'm one of them "terrorists".

Q

Posts: 26196 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"Cruz Slams Boot on Table."

Sniff THAT, Brandon!

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post