SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a fall themed cocktail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a fall themed cocktail Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I'm looking for a fall themed cocktail for a wedding in October. This would be a signature cocktail for the guests, just need to give the caterer the recipe.

Any suggestions for something suitable for the fall? Nothing pumpkin spice, please.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
https://www.brit.co/fall-cocktails/

Some ideas for fall cocktails.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1992 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
A smoked cocktail would be good. There a a bunch of those.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Old fashioned.

Most anything with bourbon is great.

As a afterthought, If you are interested, there is a recipe for one of my favorite old-fashioned’s ..... try finding the recipe from Bucky’s Birdcage Lounge at the Grand Hotel, Point Clear, AL. Or better yet, just call them. I’m sure they would share it with you.

Most Excellent!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: x0225095,

0:01

Posts: 4280 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
Old fashioned

Most anything with bourbon is great.

I completely agree with the Old Fashioned recommendation. Great Fall drink.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6107 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Google fat washing. You can get bacon into your cocktail.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The vanilla, pear & vodka cocktail in what Redhookbklyn posted looked and sounded good to me.
Also was thinking about a fall themed fruit sangria, spritzer, or mimosa type drink. Maybe a spiced pear bellini.
Also talk to the caterer before you get set, about what will serve well in the venue you are using. Many of them have proven recipes they can offer if there are problems.
Good luck with your plans and expenses.

Posts: 1221 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I've only been in the city limits of Philidelphia and not out in the country SE PA. However, I have lived in similar latitude so I'm assuming apples are harvested there in the fall.

Therefore, I'm suggesting the apple mojito in Redhookbklyn's link.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Two of my favorite cocktails are the Negroni (equal parts gin, Campari, and red vermouth) and the Boulevardier (equal parts bourbon or rye, Campari, and red vermouth).

I think of the Negroni as a spring/summer warm-weather drink and the Boulevardier as a fall/winter cool-weather drink.

The bitter/herbal flavor of Campari can be kind of polarizing, but both cocktails are classics.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Our daughter‘s wedding in November featured a Thyme Bomb as the drink.
Thyme, simple syrup and cider and spiced rum.

This recipe is close.

Thyme Bomb

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12671 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Along with others, the Old Fashioned is a great choice... very, very good...!

Posts: 3865 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
Two of my favorite cocktails are the Negroni (equal parts gin, Campari, and red vermouth) and the Boulevardier (equal parts bourbon or rye, Campari, and red vermouth).

I think of the Negroni as a spring/summer warm-weather drink and the Boulevardier as a fall/winter cool-weather drink.

The bitter/herbal flavor of Campari can be kind of polarizing, but both cocktails are classics.

Or you can do a rif on the Boulevardier. The Black Boulevardier removes the Campari and you substitute with a darker Amaro. Yes, technically Campari is a member of the Amari family. But use something like Amaro de Toscana or what have you.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Maybe give a Kir Normand a taste test. It's served in a champagne flute and falls on the sweet side, which may appeal to guests.

2 1/4 oz hard apple cider
1/2 oz crème de cassis (black currant liqueur)
1/2 oz calvados (apple or pear brandy; optional)

Posts: 2692 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Brandy Manhattan?

Posts: 10040 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Whiskey
Add water
Done

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Drink enough of them and they will all make you fall.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Apple martinis made w/fresh cider?
Dark & stormy?
Mulled wine?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Pennsylvania wedding in October?

Something apple-based I would say

Maybe something that uses a local apple cider?

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
Cognac and Coke ..... tastes like pumpkin

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post