SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Student, 10, punished for calling teacher 'ma'am'
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Student, 10, punished for calling teacher 'ma'am' Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
There is more to this. One can sarcastically say yes ma'am to someone in an authority role after being told to do something.

Yes ma'am and yeeesssss mmmaaa'aaaaaaam are the same.

Posts: 5466 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK front hole.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13499 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
25 years ago , there were women in L.A. that thought it was a pejorative of some sort ,

after the third woman asked the dept. Mgr.
to have me stop saying that.
I just quit saying it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
[bill burr] Good example of someone who needs the shit slapped out of her (I said NEEDS but as a gentleman we should NEVER actually do it). {sic}[/bill burr].

Honestly that is just pure liberal bullying by the teacher and should not be tolerated.

On a side note: whenever I am out in public I open doors for women - every type, age, race known and EVERY one seems to appreciate it.
Maybe it's just because we are in Texas.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I guess it was still better than addressing her as 'Mrs. $30 for half an hour' ?

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
All about feels. Probably a 20-something snowflake who feels "old" being called "ma'am".

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3633 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
All about feels. Probably a 20-something snowflake who feels "old" being called "ma'am".

No, as noted it’s not just what you say but how you say it. This is about a kid being an annoying little shit and either he, or mama, or both lying about it.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Maybe it's just because we are in Texas.

And THAT...is why I'll NEVER friggin' move!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Palm:
You can still be acting like a smart ass even if the words you say, on their own, would seem innocent. And it wouldn't be the first time a ten year old wasn't completely honest about why he got in trouble. I would rather hear both sides to this one.

That's exactly what I was thinking... there could be another side to the story. Don't have a clue, but the kid could be a brat and of course mom thinks he's just an angel who needs more love. But then these days it's all about "the children" and protecting them from anything even slightly difficult in the world.

You and palm are spot in here.

A lot of conservative “news” outlets are trying to spin this into something it’s not implying this is some sort of preferred pronoun issue. Lying and twisting the truth is not just a problem when liberal media do it. We are supposed to be better than them.

It is about a kid with behavior issues and a teacher who over reacted by threatening to throw something at the kid,

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Not being originally from the South, it was hard for me to accept. It seems to suggest that kids are too stupid or inarticulate to say the last name. Surnames in the South are generally pretty simple to pronounce.

You have that, completely, wrong. Like most Southern mannerisms, its a bit hard to set actual rules for it. I think its "an adult the child is supposed to know/trust" is called "Mr/Mrs First Name".

I know within your church family/circle of friends, it would be very odd to tell a child to use Mr/Mrs Last Name.

Posts: 5929 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Xe needs to be kicked in Xer front hole.

(or the kid was being a smartass)

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My second wife, rest her soul, used to (nicely and laughingly) ask the son of her physical therapist to not call her ma'am. It made her feel old. I am in the camp thinking the kid might have over-enunciated the ma'am.

If he didn't "Yes MS Twatwaffle" woulda worked. but wouldn't have worked out too well.

Posts: 912 | Location: Tucker, Ga. | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post