SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sam’s (The Bloodhound) Trailing Training Video from this morning.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sam’s (The Bloodhound) Trailing Training Video from this morning. Login/Join 
Picture of airborne19822003
posted
I got a lot of response, surprisingly, from the 20 second clip of Sam finding his target last week. Today I recorded a lot more of the operation.

This trail was roughly one mile… aged 40 minutes. Two runners that he had to discriminate from based on his starting scent article.

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions about how he works!

Thank you all for giving Sam some love!

Link to YouTube Video

Fast forward to 12:15 for the find at the end.

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why did you transition from "find the man" in the beginning to "find the man show me" when you got close to the end?

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use find the man to get his nose to the ground and tracking. Show me is to remind him to follow all the way through and sit at the target. He has to hold the sit until I give him his reward. Old fashioned milk bone.

During the track if he starts getting out of the working mode and starts goofing off I’ll use find that man or where did that man go… and he knows I am wanting him to get back on track and focused.

Daniel
Cleveland, TN

Posts: 793 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That was a fun watch. Very cool!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Good Job!

How many ticks did you pick from him?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
That was great. I'm glad I read the thread before watching the video because your response to triggertreat's question led me to look for the change in the dog's behavior leading to your change in commands. Thanks for posting!

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Good Job!

How many ticks did you pick from him?

He stays on Nexgard that is amazing! So zero living ticks on him! Me… 8.

Daniel
Cleveland, TN