SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kitchen Cabinet Drawer slides
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kitchen Cabinet Drawer slides Login/Join 
Picture of rexles
posted
I built my house 20 yrs ago and the Kitchen cabinet drawer slides seem to have flat spots on the plastic rollers and they are noisy when opened/closed.
I would like to replace the slides with ball bearing slides.
Any recommendations from the SIG brain trust?
Worth the extra money to get the auto- close feature?
Where is the best place to purchase such?

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Rockler.com has Blum (#1 brand) and others. Makes a huge difference; and yes, the soft-close feature is worth the price IMO.

Posts: 18074 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
As to where, try woodworkershardware.com. I buy all my drawer slides through them. Very good pricing and a myriad of options. As to what slides to use, you'll have to decide how much you want to spend and whether you can, or are willing to, retrofit full extension soft close slides to your boxes (my personal favorite). And don't get caught up in name brand (i.e. Blum) when buying. KV builds excellent slides that are a fraction of the cost of Blum.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just ordered some Blum drawer guides from HardwareSource.com I have bought a bunch of Blum European hinges from them as well.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've used Blum and KV a lot and they've always been great. I also bought a bunch of no name slides from overstock for shop cabinets I built and they work great and were only about 5 bucks a set. I don't know how they'd be in a kitchen getting daily use for my application I'm happy with them. Soft close is nice and once you have it you'll wonder why you didn't add it sooner.

Posts: 3459 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
posted December 14, 2017 12:26 PM Hide Post

<As to where, try woodworkershardware.com. I buy all my drawer slides through them. Very good pricing and a myriad of options. As to what slides to use, you'll have to decide how much you want to spend and whether you can, or are willing to, retrofit full extension soft close slides to your boxes (my personal favorite). And don't get caught up in name brand (i.e. Blum) when buying. KV builds excellent slides that are a fraction of the cost of Blum.>
What Big Deal said Have bought from them for many years. Quantity Pricing and great selection and service.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check pricing at A&M Supply. Drawer slide prices have been competitive and service at their showroom has been great.

Posts: 587 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 380 | Location: masshole | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post