SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I started a YouTube channel about building guitar effect pedals
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I started a YouTube channel about building guitar effect pedals Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I know it's sort of a small niche but in case anyone is interested in building pedals, maybe this can help. If anyone else has a YouTube channel, this is my first video so I'd sure appreciate any tips or advice.

Check it out.

Razz Like and subscribe, blah, blah. Razz

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/iy1DaFZ37No
It went on a little longer than I expected but I tried to explain how to set everything up. The next in the series should be shorter.

Thanks for checking it out. Smile

Posts: 45537 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Good luck with the channel. I'd suggest at the very beginning a demo of what the finished product looks like and sounds like. That might tempt more viewers to stick with it and give it a try. Thus more, longer views. Good luck Mark!

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Very cool! Good luck with the channel. I'd suggest at the very beginning a demo of what the finished product looks like and sounds like. That might tempt more viewers to stick with it and give it a try. Thus more, longer views. Good luck Mark!
Great idea. I guess I will save it for the next one. Big Grin

This is much more work than I thought it would be.

Posts: 45537 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I'm planning to put up a new video every Tuesday but I think I'm also going to put up a short video after that addressing questions or for clarifications if I think I didn't explain something well.

Help your SIGforum brother out by subscribing to my channel. It helps. Liking the videos also helps to get YouTube to push them out to other viewers' recommendation page. Thanks!

Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Done. Have Fun with it Mark!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
Done. Have Fun with it Mark!
You always helps me out. Thanks! Smile

posted Hide Post
Gave you a thumbs up Mark. Good luck with this.

Posts: 7670 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Gave you a thumbs up Mark. Good luck with this.
Awesome! Thanks. Suggestions, comments, criticism are all welcome.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Maybe see if you can score some small sponsorships from the places you buy parts from if you link to their site to buy the parts.

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Maybe see if you can score some small sponsorships from the places you buy parts from if you link to their site to buy the parts.
I've talked the owners of the sites I normally deal with. Some offered support, one has an affiliate program, one may share a video or two. I'll have to get a few more videos under my belt before they'll offer sponsorships but it's a perfect idea. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Electronics like that confuse the living shit out of me. But you still get a big thumbs up and a subscribe.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Electronics like that confuse the living shit out of me. But you still get a big thumbs up and a subscribe.
If I can do, it anyone can. Smile

The main point of my channel is not perfection or teaching electronic theory. Just doing it yourself at your own level. Thanks for helping me out again. I appreciate it.

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Liked and subbed.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7148 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Liked and subbed also. Smile

Posts: 11414 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Liked and subbed.
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Liked and subbed also. Smile
Thanks so much! I also subscribed back. It's all about helping out our SIGforum bros! Smile

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Very well done and professional looking! I liked and subscribed!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Very well done and professional looking! I liked and subscribed!
Thanks. I've got more scheduled for the next 3 Tuesdays.

posted Hide Post
I liked and subscribed also. I've built a couple of pedals, from some of the build your own pedal websites. You might want to do a fuzz/distortion pedal. Everybody likes a little distortion. Some of them are pretty basic, and good for learning the basics. When I was a kid, 40 years ago, all the electronic magazines had some type of fuzz pedal to build. I'd run over to Radio Shack, pick up the parts, and be on my way. Well good luck, and I'll be watching.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dedguy:
I liked and subscribed also. I've built a couple of pedals, from some of the build your own pedal websites. You might want to do a fuzz/distortion pedal. Everybody likes a little distortion. Some of them are pretty basic, and good for learning the basics. When I was a kid, 40 years ago, all the electronic magazines had some type of fuzz pedal to build. I'd run over to Radio Shack, pick up the parts, and be on my way. Well good luck, and I'll be watching.
Probably going to do a Rat clone next.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Part 2 is up.

quote:
In this video I show how I make a classic treble booster guitar effect pedal based on the Dallas Rangemaster. This time we lay out the PCB, prepare it for fabrication, submit it to the manufacturer and shop for all the necessary parts.