SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Low protein? trying eating two eggs a day, says DR MEGAN ROSSI
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Low protein? trying eating two eggs a day, says DR MEGAN ROSSI Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“There’s one staple that I make sure I never run out of; it’s a nutritional powerhouse, yet it doesn’t get the credit it deserves — step forward the humble egg. I happily eat a couple most days, but a lot of people still treat them with caution.

That’s because eggs had a bit of an image problem for a while — we used to think they raised cholesterol (more on that later), and then they took a further battering when, in 1988, Edwina Currie (as a health minister) said ‘most’ egg production was affected by salmonella. Even though this was incorrect, sales slumped 60 per cent overnight.

But far from being bad for us, eggs pack a nutritional punch above their weight, in a handy, portion-controlled shell. …”

A good bit more in this interesting DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/11773823

P. S. – I’m still tweaking process, time, and temperature, but my frittatas are getting pretty good!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8982 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have two every morning in tortilla wrap with cheese and ham.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15607 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I’ve gone through periods where I eat 4-5 every day and never had issues. My cholesterol is top top in all regards.

Eat the egg, in my opinion it is one of God’s greatest gifts to us. A near perfect food.

Oh, and mine are cooked in not stingy amounts of bacon grease or butter, as The Lord intended.

Posts: 6374 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I eat on average 3 eggs a day.
As for cholesterol, that is a massively misinformed subject.

Posts: 22927 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Two? Please. I go weeks at a time where I consume a minimum of six to eight a day. And of course that's the whole egg. None of this egg white only crap.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30415 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
A coyote (or two) got our chickens three weeks ago and I've dropped from a couple at breakfast and some hard boiled later to STORE BOUGHT Frown But I'm still having a couple a day.

Posts: 6402 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I would love to get the protein, I just can’t stand the taste or smell of eggs. We sometimes make chaffles and that’s how I’ve been able to get them down the gullet.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day unless I'm on the road, which is rare.

For some reason, I had a major jones for some scrambled eggs this morning. 3 scrambled dry and an English muffin. Yum!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15252 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of people are doing the carnivore diet: beef, butter, bacon and eggs (BBB&E).

They report significant health improvements by cutting out carbs and processed foods in general. No negative impacts to cholesterol.

Jordan Peterson and his daughter are on the diet.

I’m about to go have 5 eggs and 6 or 7 slices of bacon.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The stupid "egg is bad for you" has been debunked long ago. Do we really need some health guru doctor telling us it's good now? Not just any doctor, but "DR MEGAN ROSSI" in all capital letters. Wow!

Q

Posts: 26428 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I eat oatmeal for breakfast every day unless I'm on the road, which is rare.

My Mom made oatmeal/cream of wheat with 2 eggs per person. It adds a nice texture and you can use less water/milk depending on how you like the consistency. It takes an otherwise low protein breakfast and turns it into a complete meal that tastes great. Everyone I tell that to thinks it's weird but when they try it they can't believe they never thought of doing it before and they can't eat it the old way.

Posts: 818 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The Incredible Edible Egg, 1978

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15903 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
At least two a day for me, every day. I bake a dozen in a muffin tin to take to work with me.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5483 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
At least two a day for me, every day. I bake a dozen in a muffin tin to take to work with me.

Baked eggs are under appreciated. The frittatas that I mentioned in the OP are baked. I like “Denver” frittatas best. Besides the mandatory eggs and heavy cream, the same accessories as a Denver omelette.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8982 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Eggs get the most criticism for cholesterol, save maybe a big ass hunk of cheese. My guess is most consumption of eggs comes along with other foods that contribute more to the cholesterol total. Like bacon, ham, sausages, the eggs fried in butter, toast with butter, hash browns and other such foods.

Eat a couple of soft boiled or poached eggs and limit the extras and you don't need to worry much about cholesterol even if eaten daily. Of course follow the advice of your trusted medical professional.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For the forseeable future, I will not buy eggs. They can cram them back in the chickens for all I care.

Posts: 107656 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I eat 9-12 eggs/day pretty regularly. (of course, mine are from my quail so they're a little smaller) Big Grin

Posts: 652 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
For the forseeable future, I will not buy eggs. They can cram them back in the chickens for all I care.

I understand the sentiment. I like eggs but could do without them except for the wife's baking and such. We live in an upscale urban city, (the cheaper part) but roots of the area is rural. As strange as it might seem, even in sections that have very expensive homes (1M plus) keeping chickens is permissible. So many people are doing that these days, they post on the community social media site selling and even giving away eggs.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As part of a bodybuilding diet, I ate a dozen eggs a day for nearly 2 years. Still eating 4 or 5 daily for breakfast though not training as much. My blood work has remained good.

Posts: 22 | Location: DFW | Registered: September 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm soft boiling three right now.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38695 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post