SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man claims Bose Headphones spied on him
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man claims Bose Headphones spied on him Login/Join 
posted
After watching the interview I really did not want to know what kind of music that guy listened to. I guess he did not read the Sig Forum thread on internet privacy. Interesting anyway. Doubt he gets 5 million.

http://wgntv.com/2017/04/23/ch...s-spied-on-him-suit/

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
If he wraps them in tinfoil perhaps this could be avoided

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37970 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Oh, Crap. I had mine on for 4 hours yesterday while I thatched and swept my yard. I hope 'they' like 70's music.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4226 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If he wraps them in tinfoil perhaps this could be avoided

LOL. From his speech, appearance and demeanor perhaps it is of an Adult nature, and probably kind of creepy.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
and probably kind of creepy.

Left is right and right is wrong.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Bose can tell I wear them in the pool when cleaning the tiles?? Might void the warranty if I ever send them in for any repairs!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
From the link in the OP:
quote:
Zak’s lawsuit claims when people plug their headphones into the Bose app, Bose knows everything you listen to.

While headphones are obviously incapable of tracking what they play, it is at least conceivable an app might be able to.

That said, the other apps can do that as well. In fact, some highlight this adaptability and let your selections and choices personalize what they offer.

It's all in the privacy agreements in the app, or should be.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I have these headphones. I looked up the app... can't see any reason why anyone would need to use it unless they're so clueless they can't manage to pair a bluetooth device.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When he downloaded the app Im sure there was some disclaimer in the fine print.

Posts: 5419 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Tin foil boys... Tin foil.

It it can protect you from the gubmint, it can protect you from Bose.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37970 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post