SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nancy Pelosi Making Capitol Police Set Up Field Offices?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nancy Pelosi Making Capitol Police Set Up Field Offices? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't buy this BS at all that "threats" are specifically coming from CA and FL. C'mon now

If Pelosi is doing such a good job and all her constituents support her, why is there any need for this in SF?

Hint: if you need this, maybe you suck at your job.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Making hay while the sun shines. There is a larger goal here. We don’t get to know what it is yet but rest assured it will mirror some Soviet era oppression of constitutional rights.

It's just a Protection Squadron.

Pelosi and cohorts won't stop until they rune all of America.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
I see what you did there.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
*stöhnen*

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am assuming States have the option of saying "hell no"?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Making hay while the sun shines. There is a larger goal here. We don’t get to know what it is yet but rest assured it will mirror some Soviet era oppression of constitutional rights.

Not that Nancy's gotten too far with that gambit yet. She managed to get storm fencing and the National Guard placed around the Capitol, but she didn't get anyone kicked out of Congress, she didn't get the keys to the nuclear football (and hasn't gotten them from Biden yet), and she hasn't gotten anyone to shut up yet with all her blather about an "armed insurrection" where the cops were the only ones on the scene who were seen to be armed.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the Capitol Police are tracking Nuke and F15 sales from those satellite offices? Wink

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Who does the Capitol Police report to? Apparently, they are part of the Legislative branch (https://www.uscp.gov/the-department/oversight)

In other words, Nancy Pelosi's goon squad with competing authorities from the Executive Branch.

Isn't the FBI responsible for tracking/investigating threats to "lawmakers" outside of DC?

This does not bode well.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's set-up a location in one of the most expensive areas in the entire country. Perhaps there's an extra desk available on the 1st floor of the Fed building in SF. Couldn't have more centrally located place like Sacramento or, even Fresno...lotsof deplorable's around those parts. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
USCP has nationwide jurisdiction with respect to their protective functions. So, they can make a case for having remote offices to work intel on threats, offices to help with advance work for protective details, etc.

Not so sure the intent of the legislation was ever to give them investigative jurisdiction outside the facilities/grounds they secure. I believe, though am not certain, that traditionally they'd a) travel to accompany threatened members of Congress, but b) investigating actual threats/assaults outside the Capitol was another agency's responsibility.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drtenb330:
What happened to "defund the police"?

Their hypocrisy know no bounds....

She’s probably wanting to make a National police force that way they can more control who gets charged and what charges are placed, like hate speech, won’t be long before we are charged for saying or calling someone the “N” word or charged for bad mouthing the president. Defund/dismantle local police. I know it sounds like I have my tinfoil hat on but I would not put anything pass Pelosi and the rest of the democrats.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
quote:
Originally posted by drtenb330:
What happened to "defund the police"?

Their hypocrisy know no bounds....

She’s probably wanting to make a National police force that way they can more control who gets charged and what charges are placed, like hate speech, won’t be long before we are charged for calling someone the “N” word or charged for bad mouthing the president. Defund/dismantle local police. I know it sounds like I have my tinfoil hat on but I would not put anything pass Pelosi and the rest of the democrats.

Nope. Spot on.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The only actual threat is the "lawmakers"

What a joke

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Eek This is getting worse and worse, the Democrats are intent on turning the USCP into some sort of Federal Police Force/Stasi now with US Army surveillance equipment:

Capitol Police to use Army surveillance gear to monitor Americans and ‘identify emerging threats’

Isn't it richly ironic that these leftist assholes who want to defund and disband the police for YOU and ME are busy building up THEIR own Praetorian Guard in the meantime?

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Yes.... one step closer to the National Police.

"Papers please"

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
No, no, it's just "an intelligence-based protective agency" according to the article.

Of course we already have an FBI, a CIA, and all kinds of little alphabet groups, but they're all under the Executive - or a President, when we have one. This, my friends, this could be an FBI/CIA/NSA run by the Majority Speaker in the House of Representatives!!

After all, who can tell Nancy that Congress, being an independent branch of government, can't gather (and fund gathering!) information that might have a bearing on the safety of members of Congress? Now, should there be a bit of mission creep later, of course, then "they", whoever "they" turn out to be, can always try to take Nancy to the Supreme Court.

First the keys to the football. Now an "intelligence oriented" agency that (under the strictest secrecy, of course!) could eventually take on all the capabilities that "intelligence" agencies currently provide.

Are we eventually going to see a reprise of the Three Musketeers tales, where the Capitol Police and the FBI shoot it out in the streets of DC while a gallant little band of Detective Sergeants try to recover a pearl Nancy gave her bartender from a necklace that Biden gave her for her birthday? Is the Majority Speaker legally prohibited from committing assassination like the President is, or is Nancy "just sure" that it'll never come to some egomaniacal idiot trying to find out? Has Nancy's drinking problem simply entered a new phase? Stay tuned and find out!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Capital police are good for parking tickets and checking bags for tourists. They don’t have anyone capable of investing real crimes that local, state, and even (some) federal agencies do. If I need help with a parade, I’ll call them. But if a family member was robbed or murdered, I’ll stick with my local PD. They're not perfect but they get the job done.

This is all political theater and to develop their own DNC police department.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scot818,

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
If the crime falls within their jurisdiction they can go where they need to go to investigate.

An article said majority of the threats emanate from CA and FL. Im sure the local agencies dont like getting work dumped on them from DC.

If only there were an existing bureau of investigation under Federal authority......

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
C'mon debilitating stroke!!!

I'll settle for liver failure.

The sound I just made was a sort of cackle laugh.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Is the millions of rounds bought under Obama for the USDA, FDA, and other non-law enforcement agencies starting to make sense now?

....And why they were so upset at Trump for putting a 4 year hold on their plans?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post