SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nancy Pelosi Making Capitol Police Set Up Field Offices?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nancy Pelosi Making Capitol Police Set Up Field Offices? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
And the first one is in Florida? Then San Francisco.

And “more to be established”? Roll Eyes

WTF? Isn’t the US Capitol Police’s jurisdiction the several square miles of the actual US CAPITOL in Washington DC?

How is this even legal?

U.S. Capitol Police to open field office in Tampa. Florida is home to ‘potential threats’

This sounds like they are trying to send Trump a message or something…

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is they will be deputized as US Marshals.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16001 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The Honorable Governor of the Good State of Florida, needs to communicate to these children to stay on their playground.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43803 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the crime falls within their jurisdiction they can go where they need to go to investigate.

An article said majority of the threats emanate from CA and FL. Im sure the local agencies dont like getting work dumped on them from DC.

Posts: 5405 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
So, states get to set up “field offices” in DC to investigate corruption?

Posts: 5705 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I forgot that Queen Pelosi lives in San Fran when not at the Swamp. Is she nervous or something? Needs to have extra security near her at home for some reason?

I don't buy this BS at all that "threats" are specifically coming from CA and FL. C'mon now Roll Eyes

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
The 2022 elections just can’t get here soon enough. Mad

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
This silly shit will never end.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
C'mon debilitating stroke!!!

I'll settle for liver failure.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
There are JTTF's in Tampa and SF. It would be simple enough to give a Capitol Police investigator a seat at the table and call it done. A separate field office makes no sense. I think the media got this wrong, but who knows..

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
If the crime falls within their jurisdiction they can go where they need to go to investigate.

An article said majority of the threats emanate from CA and FL. Im sure the local agencies dont like getting work dumped on them from DC.

Seems like a job for the already established FBI or U.S. Marshals.

Seems like establishing a field office in San Francisco is merely so she can have additional security on her house.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18017 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few more details, and yes I hate the NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0.../capitol-police.html

Capitol Police plan to open field offices outside Washington to track threats to lawmakers

By Luke Broadwater
July 6, 2021

Six months after a mob of supporters of President Donald J. Trump stormed the Capitol, the United States Capitol Police is planning to expand operations outside Washington in an effort to better protect lawmakers, beginning with the opening of field offices in California and Florida.

Tim Barber, a spokesman, said the plan was to open several additional regional offices as the department charged with protecting Congress transforms itself in the aftermath of the attack, which exposed serious deficiencies in the Capitol Police’s gathering and dissemination of intelligence, preparedness and training.

Much like the Secret Service, which has field offices in multiple states and countries, the Capitol Police need to be able to monitor and quickly investigate threats against lawmakers wherever they occur, Mr. Barber said.

Yogananda D. Pittman, the acting chief of force, has testified before Congress that total threats against lawmakers have doubled since 2017, with an “overwhelming majority of suspects residing outside” the capital region.

The announcement came as Capitol Police presented a number of steps the agency has taken since the attack, which left dozens of officers from the department and the District of Columbia police force bloodied and injured. Lawmakers evacuated the Capitol and some cowered inside as the rioters, incensed by Mr. Trump’s lie of a stolen election, tried to stop Congress from formalizing President Biden’s victory.

Some of the rioters hunted members of Congress by name, and in the days before the assault, loyalists of Mr. Trump posted messages on far-right chat websites saying they needed to target lawmakers to force them to overturn the election.

Hours after the attack, Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick died from a stroke after battling the mob. Officer Howard Liebengood died by suicide not long after, as did a D.C. police officer, Jeffrey Smith.

“We will never forget U.S.C.P. Officers Brian Sicknick and Howie Liebengood, who died after the attack, nor the sacrifices of the nearly 150 law enforcement officers who were injured,” a statement from the Capitol Police said.

The agency said it had instituted better training, purchased more protective equipment and provided more robust mental health services for officers since the attack.

Luke Broadwater covers Congress. He was the lead reporter on a series of investigative articles at the Baltimore Sun that won a Pulitzer Prize and a George Polk Award in 2020. @lukebroadwater

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The only actual threat is the "lawmakers"

What a joke

Posts: 107246 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Where was the rush to set up USCP field offices when that asshole Bernie supporter shot up the congressional baseball game and nearly killed that one Republican Representative??

This stuff infuriates me. Red Face

ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
What happened to "defund the police"?

Their hypocrisy know no bounds....

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drtenb330:

Oh, you thought that was going to ever apply to them?

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Yes its only "defund the police NOT controlled by the federal government, and abolish ICE"

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by drtenb330:

Oh, you thought that was going to ever apply to them?

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
The Honorable Governor of the Good State of Florida, needs to communicate to these children to stay on their playground.
Beat me to it. I already penned a nice, short, email to the governor highlighting that exact position.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Correct. They can travel. They need not reside here.
quote:
An article said majority of the threats emanate from CA and FL.
And we know how trustworthy both the media and the government (is there a difference?) is at this point? Florida is being targeted specifically because of our governor and his potential future aspirations. Screw Pelosi and screw the Capital Keystone Cops. Oh, and screw the media while we're at it.
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Where was the rush to set up USCP field offices when that asshole Bernie supporter shot up the congressional baseball game and nearly killed that one Republican Representative??

This stuff infuriates me. Red Face
Bingo. Hypocrisy, thy name is Democrat. This is all political posturing.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Making hay while the sun shines. There is a larger goal here. We don’t get to know what it is yet but rest assured it will mirror some Soviet era oppression of constitutional rights.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29604 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post