SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Corel Photo Editing Software On Sale Today At WOOT!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corel Photo Editing Software On Sale Today At WOOT! Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Not too long ago, somebody was asking about photo editing software. One or more of the replies suggested Corel AfterShot Pro. WOOT! has this on sale today for $19.99. The description says that the software is usable on both Windows and Mac.

namehere

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this. Might have to pick this up. I do not have good photo editing software. Then again, I also don't have time for another hobby. Big Grin

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I believe Adobe still offers Photoshop CS2 for free. It's not a new version but extremely capable for just about everything a non-professional would need.

Mac users could try Affinity software. It is inexpensive and can be had for about $35 when on sale.

I use both and couldn't ask for anything more.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had no clue Corel was even still a thing, that's such a 1990's name to me like Novell and Netscape.

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
I believe Adobe still offers Photoshop CS2 for free.

Where do they offer this?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
I believe Adobe still offers Photoshop CS2 for free.

Where do they offer this?

It's not free but a replacement for owners who have had corruption / installation issues. It has been commonly misrepresented on ethically challenged websites.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Not sure what After Shot Pro is but they're also offering Paint Shop Pro X9 for PC at the same price.

https://computers.woot.com/off...-x9?ref=w_cnt_wp_0_2

I've used Paint Shop Pro for many years, a very powerful and capable program. It used to be the poor man's Photoshop, after all these years probably that much more refined. I'm guessing only countered by lesser Adobe products these days.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Not sure what After Shot Pro is but they're also offering Paint Shop Pro X9 for PC at the same price.

After Shot is Corel's quick adjust and management software including a RAW editor. Paintshop Pro is what you've described as being a more complete photo editing suite.

Version X9 has recently been replaced with 2018 and now 2019. And FWIW the difference between the Pro and Pro Ultimate versions is that the later includes After Shot and Perfectly Clear by Athentech Imaging in its bundle..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Paintshop Pro, haven't used it since I got XP Pro running in a Virtual Machine, which allows me to use Micrografx Picture Publisher again. Since it has the MOST intuitive user interface ever created it make anything else seem like a Kludge. Sad thing is that Corel bought Picture Publisher and promptly killed it off in favor of there snail paced editor with an interface that makes everything complicated to the extreme.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got it in today, but it does not support Canon Compact Raw images. I'm kinda pissed.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post