SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Source for Swing-Out Bar Stools?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for Swing-Out Bar Stools? Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
I'm wanting to mimic the bar setup on my kitchen island found on this page:

https://www.benchcrafted.com/swingawayseat

If I had a welder, I'd love to make something similar myself. While I'm sure these are high quality, a budget is always in place.

Anyone know of other potential sources for something similar?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Not cheap but made in USA:

Amazon link

Dang your source is half the price. Sorry.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Saw those, too. Sharp, but CHA CHING!

Also, I'm musing about the mounting. I'd have each one of these bolted to the island between cabinets; it would look similar to the photo in the OP, but with a cabinet in between each stool. I've considered something like a metal I-beam, mounted vertically, inside the island (like this table). The bottom could be secured to the concrete slab. Then each stool can be bolted through a solid metal mount. I could also use the bottom part of each support to mount a foot rail.

Any other ideas? A wooden 4x4 may also work, but that takes up more internal space.

I need to get a MIG welder. Frown

Note: Come to think of it, I could totally buy the table in the link, above, then cannabilize the 4 stools. That way, I got 4 stools AND a cool table for the price of 4 of the ones from Benchcrafted. (Just kidding!)

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are really neat! Good luck OP, please let us know what you end up doing.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Those are really neat! Good luck OP, please let us know what you end up doing.

Thanks. It will be a while; we have 5.37 acres paid for and the house plans nearly finalized, but we haven't selected a builder yet. We'll be putting the plans out for bid soon. May be a year or so before the final product is finished, but I'll get some pics up after we've settled in.