Please delete Login/Join 
posted
Please delete

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigeinkcmo,

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about WI but here in FL there are numerous RV rental places. I would strongly recommend they try out several options.

The floorpans between the same class of RV can be wildly different and each has its own target market.

If I were back in the market for an RV (I had a 40' class A diesel pusher) I would walk a dealership lot and browse everything that caught my eye then go and rent the closest RVs I could find that made my "short list" then I'd decide.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
after 40+ years of various camping set ups, our last was a B+ 23' Chevrolet. While nearly perfect for smallness (parking in normal sized spaces, handy for even short errands) it took up a large pick-up sized footprint.

It had what we needed for bath/galley/etc.

The single failing was it reallyREALLY needed a slide-out for the bed, as the floor plan located the fold-out bed separating the driver cab space from the rear, making it necessary for someone to climb over the other should Mr/Ms Bladder demand a walk in the middle of the night.

Our own conclusion was it simply was impossible to get everything you thought you wanted as all is compromised by multiple demands for space.

Shopping extensively is essential, and even then it's likely 5 minutes after they buy something, the discovery of something even better will come to their attention.

Good luck.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have a class A but have been told countless times that the cream of the crop when it comes to class C is BORNFREE.Extremely well made!
They went out of business about a year ago. There used coaches are very sought after.

Posts: 4638 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I have a class A but have been told countless times that the cream of the crop when it comes to class C is BORNFREE.Extremely well made!
They went out of business about a year ago. There used coaches are very sought after.

These guys are excellent quality. Extremely well made. LazyDaze

Posts: 11864 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
As far as a website try irv2.com

We have a 5th wheel, so can't comment much on Class C'. One downside that I have seen is if you don't tow a car with you, you have to pack everything up to go sightseeing or to the store, etc....

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6493 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Suggest renting, as I will be doing in December. I reserved a Thor Quantum 31 foot class C and am excited. www.outdoorsy.com

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5074 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'd drive a bunch at the beginning of the process.

Before we bought our first RV, we rented a 36' Class C built on a Ford E450 chassis. It had 5,000 miles in it and was privately owened, so it wasn't a rental company beater. I hated driving it. We drove to a state park 500 miles away and it wandered going straight on I-75. It was pushed by passing semis and forget about going more than 65mph. It felt underpowered as well. My nerves were shot when we got there and again when we got home.

I don't know if this is common or if it was just the particular RV. I did just talk to a friend who is planning to sell their Class A built on a Ford chassis. They didn't like the way it drove when the evacuated for Irma last year. That was the first time the drove it more than a few hundred miles.

I mention it because living in Wisconsin and being retired, I'd imagine they might be considering heading to warmer climates for the winter.

Posts: 11017 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
We've had 2 40 foot diesel pushers and have ordered a new one. We have been RVing for almost 20 years.

My advice would be to really identify how they will use it and then rent one or more until they are comfortable 1) driving it and 2) living in it.

This is not a casual purchase and not to be taken lightly.

Use RVT.com to find vehicles that interest them and know that every price is negotiable.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Read lots and lots of forums. There is a new group on Facebook called “RV Horror Stories”. Be careful out there. There’s a bunch of junk mixed in with quality units.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post