SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Young Tank "Expert" - A 4 Year old at the Tank Museum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Young Tank "Expert" - A 4 Year old at the Tank Museum Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted
Not much more to be said, other than it made my day... the little scamp with a British Accent bee-bopping around some awesome hardware.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T33hp0J-LAw&t=0s

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
He said "shed-you-al"

How cute! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to go over to Yt and see if any bleeding hearts have whined about this kids knowledge of tanks.

My 9 year old and I have this game of identifying guns in movies and tv shows. He's really good.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Sacrilege, how dare he criticize Leyland, makers of some of the most reliable cars ever built! Big Grin

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I like tanks, too! That's too cool!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
I like tanks, too! That's too cool!

Lots of awesome videos elsewhere on that particular youtube channel!

NRA Life Member

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one of the largest private tank museums in the US was here in the bay area until it was mostly sold off at auction and sent to other museums a few years ago. The guy who owned it was a zillionaire and conducted tours on his property. i got a to go a few times. they had a Chieftain its a huge tank as far as tanks go. And theres were a few tanks that you could climb all over and in and little boys from age 4 like this chap to 70+ year old men like my dad and uncle when i went with them all get giggly when they get to climb all over a tank. cute little boy

Posts: 4756 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
one of the largest private tank museums in the US was here in the bay area until it was mostly sold off at auction and sent to other museums a few years ago. The guy who owned it was a zillionaire and conducted tours on his property. i got a to go a few times. they had a Chieftain its a huge tank as far as tanks go. And theres were a few tanks that you could climb all over and in and little boys from age 4 like this chap to 70+ year old men like my dad and uncle when i went with them all get giggly when they get to climb all over a tank. cute little boy

Jacques Littlefield was the man you talk about.

tac

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Not much more to be said, other than it made my day... the little scamp with a British Accent bee-bopping around some awesome hardware.

Wow, fancy that! A British kid with a British accent! Whatever next?

And English/English DOES pronounce 'schedule' as 'shedule', and not 'skedule'.

The Tank Museum in UK is THE place to go - if you are into tanks, that is - especially on Tiger Day, when the only Tiger I that actually moves under its own power can be seen strutting its stuff around the arena. Even 75 years later it's an imposing and serious piece of armour, and that SOUND!!!

tac

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We will not have time to see many of the various WWII related museums and sights surrounding London when we're over there in May. I want to make a point of seeing the American Air Museum in Duxford, however, dedicated to the 8th Air Force.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
We will not have time to see many of the various WWII related museums and sights surrounding London when we're over there in May. I want to make a point of seeing the American Air Museum in Duxford, however, dedicated to the 8th Air Force.

When are you coming over in May? I usually take one or other of my cousins from back home in Canada to Duxford - it's about a twenty-minute drive from us here. they come over in May, BTW. I'm happy act as your docent - if you need one.

tac

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Well that's kind, tac. It will be quick. We get into Heathrow sometime Saturday, the 20th, and hop over to Dublin on Wednesday, the 24th. Monday, we're seeing Eric Clapton at the RAH.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Well that's kind, tac. It will be quick. We get into Heathrow sometime Saturday, the 20th, and hop over to Dublin on Wednesday, the 24th. Monday, we're seeing Eric Clapton at the RAH.

See your PM/email.

tac

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Love it! This it for you, little tank guy Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to hang out with that kiddo and talk tanks for the day. haha

Posts: 2189 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:

tac

Yup, unfortunately he passed away of cancer a few years back and although he left money to keep it going as a non profit, they just couldn't make a go of it and the collection was mostly sold off.

Posts: 4756 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

tac

Yup, unfortunately he passed away of cancer a few years back and although he left money to keep it going as a non profit, they just couldn't make a go of it and the collection was mostly sold off.

I would have paid good money to have been able to clamber over his totally rebuilt Panther - reputed to have sucked up around three million by the time it was done and dusted.

Over here the collector Kevin Wheatcroft seems to have stalled with his rebuild of the 'sexiest-looking tank' ever to lay treads on ground.

tac

posted Hide Post
The panther was the one they did the tv show about. I saw it when it was about half way done. Hearing the stories of pulling it out of the bog in Poland was pretty fun.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hR4nxRPjjhs

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
The panther was the one they did the tv show about. I saw it when it was about half way done. Hearing the stories of pulling it out of the bog in Poland was pretty fun.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hR4nxRPjjhs

I'll be sure to check that one out. Thanks for the suggestion.

NRA Life Member

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

tac

I would have paid good money to have been able to clamber over his totally rebuilt Panther - reputed to have sucked up around three million by the time it was done and dusted.

Over here the collector Kevin Wheatcroft seems to have stalled with his rebuild of the 'sexiest-looking tank' ever to lay treads on ground.

tac

Me too.

I was in an alumni group that got a private tour and got to talk with Mr. Littlefield in 1999. I had the good luck to have remembered to bring my copy of "Inside the Great Tanks" and got him to autograph it, and he got to talking. He was a hoot to listen to, and every tank had a story. I didn't climb on any of his tanks (and at that time I think that Panther was still in a bog) but my then-6-year-old son sure enjoyed his climb on the T-34-85! Good times. Smile

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cute child.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post