Notify
Tools
Switch Season Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
Yes, in L.A., its "switch season".

Switch the A/C on, switch the A/C off. Switch the heat on, switch the heat off.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20320 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
In Houston too. 43 last night, but 85 yesterday.

Fortunately, my current place is comfy because it has a thermostat with the option to automatically run the heat if indoor temps drop below 68 and run the AC if it gets above 74.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
In FL that's winter.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Report This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
The only time my heater gets used in my central a/c unit is whenever they do annual maintenance. Big Grin I may have used a heater here in 25yrs maybe 5 times. I'd love to have some colder weather but I can only remember the coldest day in recent past being in the high 20º's, and thats maybe occurred 2 times in 65yrs.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
It's been almost that here, too. Haven't gone full A/C yet, but it's a constant on-off with the heat.

I swear, Mrs is going to turn me into a Popsicle by the time I'm 50.

God bless America.

Posts: 13487 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
In Houston too. 43 last night, but 85 yesterday.

Fortunately, my current place is comfy because it has a thermostat with the option to automatically run the heat if indoor temps drop below 68 and run the AC if it gets above 74.

This alone is worth the price and hassle to changing out to a Sensi or similar thermostat.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12408 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I've had to do the same in NC. It hit 30's and the next day we are back up to 80. Driving me crazy.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post