Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Car Day Login/Join 
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted
New car day on Tuesday! I ordered the beginning of February, they told me it would be in the end of April. Got a call Monday it was in!

Subaru Outback Wilderness. It’s my first Subaru ever (in about 35 cars over my life). So far I like it.

Friends who have gotten Subarus have always gotten a “coexist” bumper sticker from me as a gift. I suppose I should be expecting payback…

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking wagon!

The most effective safety is between your ears

Posts: 236 | Location: Eastern Nebraska | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Nice! I have been looking at Subaru too, they are great cars.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15260 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Congrats, my parents just bought an Onyx in the same color.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15422 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Looks nice! My wife & I owned a 2012 Outback and traded it in a couple years back for a 2021 Crosstrek Sport Edition. We truly love the latter, particularly with the upgraded engine. It's our family do-all machine.

I like everything about Subarus except for their damn electronics/stereo system. The always-on feature when you start the car, the need to use the touchscreen (vs physical keys) to control the sound system, yada yada; unless one wants to use the steering wheel gadgets... which only partly covers all of the functions.

Other than that gripe, Subarus are good to go. Enjoy the new Outback!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new ride.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Very nice. A turbo Outback is on my short list of potential next vehicles. I'm waiting at least another couple years, to see what the vehicle supply and interest rates do.

Posts: 32572 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Peace creep Big Grin

Posts: 13313 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
Friends who have gotten Subarus have always gotten a “coexist” bumper sticker from me as a gift. I suppose I should be expecting payback…

Just beat them to the punch:

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15422 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Just beat them to the punch:

You beat me to the punch! If I had a Subaru, I would automatically put that sticker on it. Wink Big Grin

Congratulations, IT.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10720 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Where do you get those stickers?

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7125 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club.

We have a 2015 outback and really like it a lot. Hopefully you have as good of luck with it as we have had with ours.

Posts: 3740 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I have a ‘21 Outback. I’ll probably upgrade to the Wilderness in a few years.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8347 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I’d really like a Wilderness Outback, but I can’t figure out how they get away with marketing it aa an even more super-duper off-road-ish vehicle without including any recovery points. Not too much different than a regular Outback in that respect from what I can tell.

Regardless, it’s a nice vehicle and that’s a great color. Enjoy it!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16274 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Nice

Your wardrobe matches the Sub

Posts: 5362 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
That is a nice looking vehicle, really like the color..

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I know a few people with Suburbs and they all seem like nice cars.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16413 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Cool color combo!

Posts: 17248 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great color very nice looking

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I love the color.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post