New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Car Day Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Nice ride!

I drove '21, '22, and '23 Outbacks as loaners for almost a year and a half (long story), and really liked them. I'm half tempted to buy one, for sure.

May I ask, what drove you to the Wilderness version?

God bless America.

Posts: 13531 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, where does a Subaru owner find that sticker? It’s perfect. My 21 Crosstrek whatever is above the Sport has the bigger engine (fantastic) and knobs for the radio plus a touchscreen.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
New car day on Tuesday! I ordered the beginning of February, they told me it would be in the end of April. Got a call Monday it was in!

Subaru Outback Wilderness. It’s my first Subaru ever (in about 35 cars over my life). So far I like it.

Friends who have gotten Subarus have always gotten a “coexist” bumper sticker from me as a gift. I suppose I should be expecting payback…

A man with great taste. I have one just like it.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
Nice looking ride. Congrats!!

Posts: 659 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
IT,
That is an awesome looking ride! Congratulations and Enjoy!

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 503 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice car. Congratulations.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2753 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Where do you get those stickers?

quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yea, where does a Subaru owner find that sticker? It’s perfect. My 21 Crosstrek whatever is above the Sport has the bigger engine (fantastic) and knobs for the radio plus a touchscreen.

I just Google image searched. I'm sure there's a myriad of suppliers for it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15420 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I saw one of these Outback Wilderness rides today for the first time. Didn't know what it was until I saw this post. We had a 2015 Outback with the 2.5. Great ride, it could go anywhere in the Iowa winter slop but was slow as can be. When we outgrew it with 3 kids we went Suburban instead of Ascent.

Posts: 2536 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

Friends who have gotten Subarus have always gotten a “coexist” bumper sticker from me as a gift. I suppose I should be expecting payback…

I hope one of them puts a bumper sticker on it that says “I brake for Lesbians” and you don’t see it for at least a day or two so you are driving it with it attached unknowingly.
Big Grin

I owned one, a GR STi. Fully tuned. It was an understeering pig in the corners on track but it would slay any weather you threw at it. They build some of the safest chassis made on the market. Together with the AWD system, some of the safest vehicles on the road.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12671 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Nice!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1738 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Very Nice, my SIL now works for a Subaru Dealer, says it's quite different than selling Chevy and Fords, said he'd never worked anywhere that the average customer had a 700+ credit score LOL

Posts: 23617 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
We have a ‘21 Ascent Touring and are very happy with it. I do have Birkenstocks that I wear, too. (But those were the cure for my plantar fasciitis.) Big Grin

Congratulations on your new Suby!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1684 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
enjoy your new ride. Love my 2021 Forester. since May 2021 I bought the Forester, my daughter a Forester sport, then 6 months ago my son bought a 2022 Wrx. Great vehicles.

Posts: 715 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
That looks great, classy color. I have good friends that ordered one about the same time, quoted same wait, hope they get surprised.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3409 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. Horse
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 10 | Location: Lewes, Delaware | Registered: February 25, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you! Haven't done it yet but once every 2 or 3 weeks I get the idea of dumping my Corolla for an Outback.

Were you able to get any price break by ordering or was it simply MSRP?

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
That same Outback and color were on my list of a new car. I really liked the features of the Wilderness package and wish that Subaru had added that package to the Ascent. Alas, I went with a Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road.

Posts: 3958 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quil57
posted Hide Post
I bought my wife a Forester n 2014.

Just built solid and with the active full 4 wheel drive you can drive safely in any weather.

congrats.

Posts: 44 | Location: Rock Hill | Registered: October 13, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

I like the outdoors and like getting off grid. If I really want to get way off grid, I have my Tacoma, but for weekend warrior type things, this checked the boxes. Plus, I just liked it!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

I like the outdoors and like getting off grid. If I really want to get way off grid, I have my Tacoma, but for weekend warrior type things, this checked the boxes. Plus, I just liked it!

I'm (obviously) not IntrepdTraveler, but if I got another Outback, it would also be the Wilderness Version.

The Wilderness Version comes with a different final drive ratio that is geared lower. I would go just for that, as the lower gearing helps the Outback off the line, up the hill, and around in the city.

The second big benefit is the roof rack that is actually rated to several hundred pounds, rather than just the standard 150lbs or whatever. Makes a good hard point for a rooftop tent, cargo box, tire carrier, etc. I've not seen any other unibody crossovers with a legit way to put heavy things ontop.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post