SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HOLY COW ! sometimes it's better to be lucky than good- - Spring Breakers fend off armed robber at gas station
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOLY COW ! sometimes it's better to be lucky than good- - Spring Breakers fend off armed robber at gas station Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Not to go off on a tangent, but I suspect those boys are products of a sissified culture.

I was a small kid and didn’t get into too many fight. But, in the era I grew up, if you did get into a fight, you learned to start swinging and not to stop till the fight was over.

Those boys are seriously lucky because that confrontation could easily have gone much differently.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a very chilling display of so many things just plain wrong. I wonder if those spring breakers yet have any clue as to just how lucky they are to be alive. They might still be watching the video and feeling that everything looks just like they always see on TV shows. So, they must have acted well.

I have to wonder if that weapon was going, "click, click, click" but not firing. Notice that the assailant doesn't appear to be too phased when the Spring Breaker challenged him at his car while brandishing the weapon. Did the assailant maybe know that the weapon was really just an inert hunk of steel? Or, if not for some twist of fate they all lived to tell the tale.

Many years ago, a close friend of our family was on duty at his motel desk at zero dark thirty when two men, one with a handgun, came into the office and made him empty his safe. The armed perp then put the pistol to our friends head and pulled the trigger three times. The gun did not fire. Our friend always wondered if the gun malfunctioned or if this sick perp was just messing with his head. Our friend, a WWII veteran, was never the same after that and soon sold his motel and retired.

Violence comes swiftly and is usually tragic.

Those kids need to go home and kiss their loved ones every day for the rest of their lives.

Posts: 282 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Achievement Unlocked
Picture of SIGnul 9
posted Hide Post
Good analysis from ASP. He used the title of this thread too!

https://youtu.be/k0fXL4HuXgs

This is one of the few signals that can't be caught or blocked; when a process is sent SIGKILL, it never runs again. This is signal 9, as in the ever-popular kill -9

Posts: 1050 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post