SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone finding/collecting 2019 "W" mint mark America the Beautiful quarters?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone finding/collecting 2019 "W" mint mark America the Beautiful quarters? Login/Join 
posted
Here's a link to a page with information and images on the program for 2019 "W" mint mark quarters.

https://www.gainesvillecoins.c...e-new-2019-w-quarter

I have had feast or famine results so far, I have found a lot of these designs:
War in the Pacific (Guam)
Lowell (Massachusetts)
River of No Return (Idaho)

But only one San Antonio Mission (Texas) and none of the American Memorial Park (Marianas Islands) W's. I found roll after roll of the AMP's but none had the W's mixed in with them.

I am looking to possibly trade some of what I have for multiples of the San Antonio and AMP designs if I can find someone who has some extras.

Posts: 217 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I have a decent collection and am always checking my change for goodies but hadn't heard of this, I will be on the hunt

Posts: 5333 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I wish I had known about this. I rolled up just over $400.00 in quarters in late Sept when I was converting my change jar into bills.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
I wish I had known about this. I rolled up just over $400.00 in quarters in late Sept when I was converting my change jar into bills.

Same here, Ya'll marts change converter does our work though, I'll have to keep a look out for these, think I've had a couple of them but didn't realize there was a bounty....

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Here's a pick of the reverse for those of us with bad eyes. A small W is bifocal territory for me. Interesting method of shipment from the provided site. The U.S. Mint ships quarters to Federal Reserve Banks and sub-treasuries in bulk bags of 200,000 coins each. One bulk bag of quarters weighs 2,500 pounds -- one and a quarter tons!The quarters are packed tightly in reinforced rectangular bags, then strapped with steel cables into special steel pallets. The pegs on the bottom of the legs of these pallets fit into the square cone-shaped holes in the top of another pallet's legs. This allows the bulk bags to be securely stacked and unstacked by a forklift.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim. Florida has gotten a lot of the W coins from what I can gather on some coin searching sites.
Those bulk bags go to carriers like Brinks or Loomis, who break them out and wrap them in their own wrappers, then repack them into $500 boxes of rolled quarters that they deliver to their customers, be it banks, stores, whatever. While you can buy those bulk bags directly from the US Mint, they charge you about $1500 for a handling charge.

The best so far is when I look at a roll and a W coin is on the end that you can see. Smile

Posts: 217 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had never heard of this.
Dumped out my last jar of quarters (450) and
found one with the W.
I have about 1200 dollars in quarters, but
most would be pre 2019.
I'll keep an eye out for them.
Thanks for the heads up

Posts: 957 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
Had never heard of this.
Dumped out my last jar of quarters (450) and
found one with the W.
I have about 1200 dollars in quarters, but
most would be pre 2019.
I'll keep an eye out for them.
Thanks for the heads up

Nice!! Which of the 5 designs did you find?

posted Hide Post
American Memorial Park.

Posts: 957 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
American Memorial Park.

Let me know if you would be interested in a swap. That is the only design I am missing to complete a set of all 5 designs.

posted Hide Post
I don't collect coins. I'll send it to you if you
like!

posted Hide Post
quote:
like!

Much thanks! email is in profile, i will give you an address!

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I had not heard of this, but will now be on the lookout. I barely ever pay in cash anymore so getting change is not like it used to be. Maybe I will go buy rolls of quarters and trade them back in after I go through them.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
"This 10 million coin mintage will consist of two million each of the five 2019 America the Beautiful designs"

With 2 million of each design, is it really rare? Just asking.

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
"This 10 million coin mintage will consist of two million each of the five 2019 America the Beautiful designs"

With 2 million of each design, is it really rare? Just asking.

Yes, they are. Not like, you can retire kind of rare, but minted at the rate of 185 regular P or D coins for each of the W mint marks. Supposedly lowest mintage of a mint Mark since a 1932 quarter variety.

posted Hide Post
quote:
like!

Received in the mail today, thanks!!!

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
if you're looking, odds seem good that you'd find one...

Roughly 1.85 billion America the Beautiful quarters were minted in 2018 (945 million at the Philadelphia Mint, and 908 million struck at the Denver Mint). If ATB quarter production remains the same this year, the odds that any one 2019 quarter you get in change will be a 2019-W West Point quarter are 185 to 1. This assumes that none of them will be pulled from circulation, which will obviously not be the case.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had no idea. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be checking my change.

Posts: 1054 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
These aren’t easy to find! I see people are selling these for $30 per quarter. Today I got $500 worth of quarters. I have gone through half of them and found only one with “W”mint. I found 16 with “D” mint which I won’t keep. I have found two old regular quarters so far with no mint, but I don’t think they are worth anything.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post