SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Motorcycle Saturday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Motorcycle Saturday Login/Join 
posted
2022 Yamaha MT-09

Much different than my last ride, a 2013 Kawasaki KLR650

Posts: 1068 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The hooligan bike Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Nice bike!

Unfortunately for me mine is sitting in the garage as it is just too freaking hot out to ride and I am also still recovering from back surgery.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is 109 deg in the shade on my back porch right now.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Looks like miles and miles of fun

Have you ever owned a matte bike or car before?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No matte before

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
You're going to LOVE that motor!

This is my 7th season on my FJ09 and I still giggle like a little girl every time I whack that throttle open.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15233 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
No matte before
Taking care of matte is different than regular paint. A few of the differences:
  • Need to use a shampoo/soap without any waxes or glossing agents. Meguiar's Gold Class is readily available and reasonably priced.
  • Need to use a matte specific detailer, sealant or coating if you want to apply protection. Poorboy's Matte Detailer & Protectant and Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer are two reasonably priced options.
  • Can't clay bar it if you get bonded contaminents. Need to remove bonded contaminents chemically not mechanically.
  • Can't polish out a scratch

Good video on processes, but uses expensive products (e.g. Dr Beasley's):

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of P250UA5
    posted Hide Post
    I've got my eye on an older 650cc bike.
    Miss the 10k rpm of the Vulcan S 650cc mill.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Eating elephants
    one bite at a time
    Picture of ffips
    posted Hide Post
    Congratulations. Looks sharp.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Down the Rabbit Hole
    Picture of Jupiter
    posted Hide Post
    Congrats. You made a great choice.
    You'll have a hard time keeping your inner hooligan in check with this one. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of bigdeal
    posted Hide Post
    Congrats sir. Great timing! After 10 years and a bunch of near miss purchases, I finally bought another bike last weekend and picked it up earlier this week too.

The FZ/MT09 is simply an awesome bike, one I looked at really hard, but in the end, I went up the chain a bit. Smile

Time for a 'Tail Tidy' for that beastie. Let the modding begin. Wink

-----------------------------
    Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Happily Retired
    Picture of Bassamatic
    posted Hide Post
    Nice ride!

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Official forum
    SIG Pro
    enthusiast
    Picture of stickman428
    posted Hide Post
    Very nice! That thing looks FUN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Does look like it would be a lot of fun, but would probably get me in a lot of trouble. Congratulations on your new ride.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
    Picture of Jelly
    posted Hide Post
    Congratulations... you done well. Those yamaha MT 09 are impressive machines.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    "The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
    posted Hide Post
    Very nice. I rode a Tracer GT last year and really liked that big triple.

Posts: 6305 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post