SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Every start thinking about pancakes and bacon for no reason at all?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Every start thinking about pancakes and bacon for no reason at all? Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
I was doing fine till I checked in on this thread, now the voice in my head sounds like the dog in the dog treats commercial, "bacon!".

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2077 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Damn it! Now I want pancakes with lots of butter and Chokecherry Syrup and about a 1/2# of bacon. Mad

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I used to think that you were an OK guy, Woodman, but now I hate you for starting this thread.

Somebody here in the forum suggested a no-carbohydrate diet for 30 days, so wife and I are trying it for the month of March.

Halfway through, and here you come, tempting me with pancakes, and other people chiming in with waffles.

GET THEE BEHIND ME!

Maybe I'll just have some extra bacon with my scrambled egg protein breakfast.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I have always loved breakfast food - pancakes, waffles, omlettes, bacon, biscuits, sausage, you name it! And, yeah, it can be 3 in the afternoon, or just about any other time, and I could go for pancakes.

A big breakfast reminds me of Saturday mornings as a kid. My mother often made a big breakfast on Saturday mornings, and I always ate my weight.

Now days I can't eat like I used to, but I love making pancakes or waffles for my little girl. Mom would be proud of the Saturday morning breakfasts we have at my house.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Just had pancakes and sausage at the local beanery. The pancakes were terrible. Got to do it yourself if you want it done right, I guess.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Sorry, it's not me. It's the cabin fever. Tired of tea with milk and sugar and peanut-butter pumpernickel toast.

As a kid I counted myself lucky if a little syrup ended up near my home fries. I knew I was doing something wrong, because syrup was only for pancakes. But dang, it sure tastes good.

My buddy gave me a copper bowl years ago and said when making buttermilk pancakes, separate the egg whites, whip them separately in the copper bowl, and fold them last into the batter. Makes the pancake that much fluffier. I'll post his hand-lettered recipe later.

My truck is still squarely on a sheet of ice. Some jackalope is parked immediately in front of me. I have to get thee to work. Then the diner. So this will be interesting, getting out. Can't do the rocking running start.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Until a couple minutes ago; no.

Posts: 1361 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I sometimes have McDonalds' hot cakes and sausage for lunch. The all-day breakfast is one of their better moves, IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Keep the syrup off my bacon please!!!!

WHAT??? That's the best part!!! Eek

I don't like syrup to touch my meat. Razz I always eat the sausage patty first before buttering and syruping the pancakes. Speaking of butter, they give you whipped butter, not some ersatz "spread."

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Oh, pancakes how I love thee. Served just right with slabs of butter, and swimming in maple syrup. Of course it's not right to leave out your little friends, bacon(crisp), eggs(over easy), sausage links, hash browns, and a cold glass of milk.

I'm sorry, what was the question?

Posts: 2238 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
As promised, Pat Graham's buttermilk griddlecake recipe, written in his signature font. A writing style developed over countless hours in math and english class.

He has a patch on his eye because the doc trying to get a sample of his brain stem tumor messed up, and nipped his optic nerve.

And after all that, I went with the cubano wrap ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post