SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Every start thinking about pancakes and bacon for no reason at all?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Every start thinking about pancakes and bacon for no reason at all? Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted
I'm not even hungry. At least I wasn't. Now I'm thinking about pancakes, crisp like, an extra few seconds on the griddle, with a MOUND of crisp bacon. The pancakes are drowned in maple syrup , and some of the syrup is under the bacon. Mmmmm

Weekend before last was the Boy Scouts Troop 260 out at the Methodist Church. They put on a nice spread. Plenty of sausage and juice.

Now I hear about a fly-in PCB coming up. With eggs. Sausage gravy! Plenty appetite. No airplane. 4 hour drive.

Sunday, May 7 & Sunday, Sept. 24, 2017 at Piper Memorial Airport, Hangar 1; 8am - 12:00pm. Lock Haven, PA

ALL YOU CAN EAT BREAKFAST includes Pancakes, Pennsylvania Maple Syrup, Eggs, Sausage Links, Potato Patty, Sausage Gravy and Biscuits, Fruit Cup, OJ, Coffee, Tea & Water.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

There is even a sing-along...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was doing OK on my diet until I read that.
There are a few dishes that are better, but not many

Posts: 1106 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Comfort food

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Um, no.

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Pancakes with link breakfast sausage.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I figured it out. I've been snow-bound for several days. In spite of House MD reruns.

Working tomorrow, will be sure to visit an old-shool diner. Treat the symptoms, cure the condition.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Just bought a new Lodge cast iron pan. Cant wait to use to make pancakes. I had a non stick and pancakes would stick all the time. Every one I know loves cast iron so I am going to give it a try. Now after reading this post I want to make pancakes now.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2635 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been craving the same scenario but the pancakes are French Toast.

Posts: 2499 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Twice a day

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13085 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Livin' the Dream
Picture of Mosttoyswins
posted Hide Post
Pregnant?

"Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity" - Fortune Cookie

Posts: 2548 | Location: Cumming, GA | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep the syrup off my bacon please!!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
I've been craving the same scenario but the pancakes are French Toast.

Been a while since I made French toast. Now I have to.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... yumm ... Reibekuchen Kummerspeck.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

There is even a sing-along...

I like this version better:

Posts: 6400 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
"Pancake house!"
"I'm hungry now, you know"

Pancakes and bacon always sound good!
Actually, I like waffles better.
Waffles and bacon! mmmmmmm Smile

Posts: 1795 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sausage is the only thing I eat that invariably, halfway through, I start thinking, this probably isn't good for me .

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Momma took the kids to rocket fizz drink shop today. Youngest brought home bacon maple syrup soda. It was so nasty. He didn't care for it either but he punk'd me and said try it. Had a good laugh at my disgust of the drink. :-) the carrot cake soda sucked too.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1289 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Keep the syrup off my bacon please!!!!

WHAT??? That's the best part!!! Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post