SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Science-ism the new cult religion?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Science-ism the new cult religion? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've been saying this for a while now.

"Science" has become the new Holy Religion of the Left and if you DARE oppose or question its holy tenants, you WILL be burned at the (virtual) stake as a heretic.

Posts: 33834 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I've been saying this for a while now.

"Science" has become the new Holy Religion of the Left and if you DARE oppose or question its holy tenants, you WILL be burned at the (virtual) stake as a heretic.

I think it is more accurate to say that their view/interpretation/description of the science is their "religion." Not the actual science itself. And I think this is true for both sides of some debates, as both sides have a tendency to pick and choose what "science" they credit (or to be even more cynical, what views serve their purpose) and then use that to beat their political opponents over the head. So it isn't the science per se, but the view of science that justifies the preferred outcome.

Unfortunately, this prompts some people to discredit science as a whole.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post