SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Video tape recorder riddle >>>Prize = G19 RTF2<<< ** WINNER = VANQUISH **
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video tape recorder riddle >>>Prize = G19 RTF2<<< ** WINNER = VANQUISH ** Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Taking a break from the Bible, here is a riddle that is totally unrelated to it. Razz

This may be hard, or it may be a piece of cake, I don't know. You guys are clever/smart, so someone will get it, eventually.

I have an old video tape recorder, made some time in the 60s. It does the recording just fine, but I just can't get it to play back for folks to see. Fixing it is not possible, but that is a topic for another day, in another thread, not this thread. And, I don't want to toss it, because it was a gift from my parents. As you can probably imagine from the early days, this is a big ass machine, 62 x 20 x 8. The color is yellow, if that will help.

Name the model.

The only hint I’ll give is this -> There are more than one correct answers.

RULES:

• Consult anything and anyone you wish.
• One guess per person.
• Game ends with the first correct answer posted.
• Prize: one of my G19 RTF2s. I'll post some pics later.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26592 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Sony CV-2000

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Sounds like one of the old Peto Scott E2770 units, which is essentially a Phillips EL3400, but maybe those are smaller. Heck, I don't know... Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6227 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Is it the Video Master?

I think it was AVC or something? My dad had one.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8043 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Ampex VR-1500?

Posts: 8152 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sony EV-200

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20883 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I've no idea, so I'll throw out a guess. Sony AV-3400

Posts: 7395 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Philips EL-3400 or its clone the Peto Scott E2770. Big Grin

Whoops stoic-one beat me to it. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16282 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Sony Umatic 3/4 Tape Video Cassette Player U-Matic Vp-7020

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sony TCV-2020

Posts: 1072 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Siemens SIRECORD XH

JVC KV-2 (aka Niviko aka Dage)

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16282 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sony TCV-2010

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Telcan, produced by the Nottingham Electronic Valve Company

Posts: 1081 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
RCA TR-4

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10962 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Ha a friend John on Hamilton AFB, his dad was in the Air Force and brought back a big Teac or Akai from Germany. Had an enormous pair of headphones too. Played a lot of Tom Jones and Manilow on that thing. I was impressed with the sound. Drank a lot of beer over there. Not sure where I was going with this.

Posts: 2002 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking it may be an RCA TR-22.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 12131:
Fixing it is... a topic for another day, in another thread, not this thread.

Where is the fun in that?

Posts: 9195 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phillips LDL 1000

Posts: 490 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
AKAI VT-100 VTR for a guess.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
JVC Nivico KV-2.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31506 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Grundig bk-100 reel to reel

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15656 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post