SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Johns Hopkins Hospital DEI chief claims ALL whites, males, Christians, able-bodies people and English speakers are 'privileged'
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Johns Hopkins Hospital DEI chief claims ALL whites, males, Christians, able-bodies people and English speakers are 'privileged' Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Slavery is still going on. Where is the outrage for that? Maybe in 200 years.....

Posts: 1461 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'm tired of these people holding higher tier positions using the excuse that what they said isn't what they meant. How do you get to these postings without being able to unambiguously articulate exactly what you mean to convey?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13081 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I feel privileged to not know what cisgender is, so I’m going with 8/9 for me.

I don’t care to know either.

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Well, I dissed out on the being Christian bit, but I reckon I tick all the other boxes.

MY privilege was paid for in the blood of my ancestors, and, to a much smaller extent, me.

I've NEVER been unemployed in my entire working life , and never had any kind of handout from anybody either.

...and for friend Trapper189 - the prefix cis- means 'across', as in cis-alpine Gaul, if you ever read Julius Caesar's account of the Gallic Wars. Smile

Posts: 11434 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Reading her words, I'm minded of a T-shirt inscription I once saw - 'I know that you think you know what you thought I said, but what you think you thought I said is not what I meant' - once attributed to that great liar and former president, Richard M Nixon.

Posts: 11434 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Not to be alarmist, but this is how genocides start. It is collective condemnation. If society accepts the condemnation as legitimate and seeks a remedy or retribution, there is ultimately a final solution presented. Doesn’t happen every time but every genocide starts this way.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29904 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is that 99.9% of these Chief Diversity Officers are black? Hardly seems diverse.

Posts: 800 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I fall into all those categories, proudly so. And if it pisses of any lefties, so much the better.

Posts: 3684 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm willing to bet, if one were to dig a little deep, her MD has the affirmative action asterisk attached.

It saddens me greatly to see that the practice of medicine has come to this.

RMD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rduckwor,

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'd wager a large sum of money Dr DEI didn't learn a damn thing about her broken world views. In fact, I'd go further and wager that amongst her confidants the lesson learned was that they're so enlightened they're ahead of their time, the great unwashed masses are racists/misogynists/neanderthals, not everyone tried hard enough, or a combination of the above.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23645 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
So by her definition the only people who aren't privileged are poor or rich, young or old, non-white disabled gay transgenders who don't speak english.

Hell, MLK meets 8 of her 9 "privilege" criteria. How's she feel about that I wonder?

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6775 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
No fucking way to retract or disavow that shit, lady. Once that hatred is published it's there forever. Privilege? Hell I hit 9 for 9 on that sweet ass list of hers. Except maybe I'm not as able bodied as I would like. Screw her and the horse she rode in on. I'm offended and outraged dammit. What kind of bread does someone in her position bring down? Helluva lot more than an old tradesman getting by on small projects and a part time job at the orange box does, I'd guess.

Posts: 1966 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Just more attempts to make us voluntarily take a back seat to those who want to replace us.
We are hated. Behave accordingly.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
owning class people

What the F is this?

not on welfare

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2034 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'm going to guess "owning class" as in people that own their home, vehicle, TV, appliances, etc. as opposed to people that rent those things.

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
Why is that 99.9% of these Chief Diversity Officers are black? Hardly seems diverse.

Because it’s a racket

Posts: 34529 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
I am heading downtown to speak to the homeless encampment where it appears most of the occupants are privileged and don't even know it. That should cheer them up.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1514 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
owning class people
What the F is this?
My guess is that class of people that own real property. Aka: Taxpayers. Y'know: Those of us who (unwillingly) fund this kind of stupidity?
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I feel privileged to not know what cisgender is, so I’m going with 8/9 for me.
Well, if you deducted one upon that basis you can probably add it back. "Cisgender" means your gender identity aligns with the sex with which you were born. IOW: Not sexually deranged.
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I don’t care to know either.
Told ya anyway Big Grin (Besides: May preclude others having to go look it up.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34529 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I wish to thank the good Doctor, I had no idea just how good I had it. I feel so much better now! Wink
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1727 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post