SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the best pay as you go sim card for a phone
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the best pay as you go sim card for a phone Login/Join 
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
If you have a receipt from UPS showing you dropped off the phone, then it seems you have an action against them and can recover the $600.

If you don't have a receipt, maybe go back to the store and ask if they can reprint the receipt they gave you when you dropped it off. Tell them Verizon needs it.

Sorry you're going through this. I had a similar experience when I did an Amazon return at Kohls. Amazingly, the return took almost 30 days to get to Amazon. Now I only go to UPS and I hold on to those receipts for 30 days.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I went to Target where Consumer Cellular has an outlet but someone is only there certain hours.

The techs we talked to didn't know how to change the chip in the phone so we went to T-Mobile.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
If you have a receipt from UPS showing you dropped off the phone, then it seems you have an action against them and can recover the $600.

If you don't have a receipt, maybe go back to the store and ask if they can reprint the receipt they gave you when you dropped it off. Tell them Verizon needs it.

Sorry you're going through this. I had a similar experience when I did an Amazon return at Kohls. Amazingly, the return took almost 30 days to get to Amazon. Now I only go to UPS and I hold on to those receipts for 30 days.

We went to the store when we first found out they were dinging us for the phone. It was a no go for figuring out what happend. That is how we found out the one we had was from November. After my wife went inside I looked at what was supposed to be our receipt and realized it was for a month earlier.

I've come to realize we are SOL on this one. Sometimes you simply get fucked.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stay Classy!!
Picture of Crockett040
posted Hide Post
Verizon is curretly doing the EXACT same thing to my 75 year old mother. The tracking number they gave her is invalid. Dropped at UPS store and disappeared. The invalid tracking number is the one listed on her receipt from drop off. Nothing she/I can do at this point but pay. Her line is on my business account

Posts: 397 | Location: Iowa | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
long story short, Verizon lost my daughter's old phone in transit. they are sticking us with the 600 dollar bill

IE her phone was not making or accepting calls. they sent us a new one under warranty. We put the old one in a box and dropped it off at the UPS store, like the instructions said.

It was stolen somewhere between there and Verizon.

UPS store should have a receipt from where it was scanned into the system I always ask for it when dropping off for this reason especially on returns of equipment. If you know the date you dropped it off, they should have no problems printing it out, if they don't contact UPS, keep bitching up the tree, someone there owes you a phone.

Get a Verizon supervisor and supply them with receipt that you gave the item to UPS, and file a claim with UPS for the lost/stolen package.

As to chip deals, Cricket works well, Mint Mobile is good too, Mint is on the T-Mobile Network. Both can be done online- which waives activation fees with Cricket, and billed to your CC.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post