SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tires for the Dodge Diesel.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tires for the Dodge Diesel. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So I am going to have to bit the bullet and get some new skins for the Dodge 3/4 Turbo diesel. It is a gen 2.

I just looked at Costco and surprisingly they have the Bridgestone Duravis HD700 in my size. I had them on a Suburban years ago. Wore like iron. One of the best tires I have ever owned. About $1K. They also have the BFG TA K3 and the Firestone Destination X/T. Both of them look good as well. All about the same price after discounts. I am leaning towards the Duravis but do know if and how much they have changed it. I think the BFG is good too. But I worry about it wearing fast on hot summer runs. The Firestone is the wildcard. I like it. Seems like it has good reviews as well.

Thoughts on what you would buy.

Mostly highway. Some gravel and a small percentage will be off road.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
Have no experience on your 3 choices but All I have used on my last 2 Ram 08 & 14 2500 6.7L are Michelin LTX AT2
https://www.michelinman.com/au...es/michelin-ltx-a-t2

They go the 60,000 with proper alignment and on current truck (14 2500 6.7) I rotate at 15,000 when I do my oil change. The tread looks great.

I used the Thuren Fab alignment specs. They work. My truck is stock. Took sheet to shop where I get my tires and gave it to them and asked them to do it. No problems. Note you have confirm you have a solid tie rod VS. a Y type for these specs to work. It says that on the sheet but don't remember what year your truck was from previous posts.

https://ddpmotorsports.com/fil...+Alignment+Specs.pdf

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1142 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I’ve been happy with Bridgestones on my Ram 1500 over the years though I have never worn that model.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I've always used Michelin's but I've heard good things from people I know in the business about the Bridgestones.
I may try them next time, especially if there is a big cost difference.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
No michelins for me. Been disappointed enough. Too many other good tires to get hoodwinked again.

The Duravis 700HD where such a great tire I am leaning that way.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19188 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of the Goodyear Duratrac. I've had them on 2 Jeeps and other family member's pick ups. Got great mileage out of them and kept their performance throughout their wear.

Posts: 341 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I went through 3 sets of Michelin LTX on my 3/4T Ford. Quietest, smoothest riding tires I ever ran on a truck. 60,800 miles, average.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put Cooper on my truck when I first got it in ‘14. Mine is a ‘95 Ram 2500, manual trans, diesel, 2WD. I honestly got 90k miles before replacing them. You have a very good truck. Mine is currently at 201k. Expecting to get to 300k without too much trouble.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post