SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rochester/Victor NY area things to do?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rochester/Victor NY area things to do? Login/Join 
in the end karma
always catches up
posted
I have Friday afternoon from about 3pm till about 2pm on Sat looking for some 3-5 mile hikes or some cool sights history?

Thanks Ed

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3696 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh...be prepared for snow. I grew up S of Syracuse, I think Rochester gets the nasty lake effect snow, not sure about Victor.

If you can drive an hour (on dry roads), the now closed Seneca Army Depot near Romulus offers drive yourself tours of the igloo/bunker area and you might see the white deer.

https://deerhavenpark.org/auto-tours/

They may not be open year-round, call first.

Posts: 15911 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
One or two gun shops in Victor IIRC.

Turnbull Restoration is about 10 minutes from Victor.

Or you could just do like most people, count the minutes until you can leave. Wink

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
There are at least two threads here on Rochester.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5074 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone,

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3696 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post